Friekin Redskins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friekin Redskins

Schedule preview: Can the Eagles reverse the trend against the Redskins?

The Eagles have improved. The Redskins have not.

by Dave Mangels@Southern_Philly Jun 18, 2017, 10:00am EDT

Each day for the next two weeks we’ll look at a 2017 Eagles opponent. Today we start with the start: Weeks 1 and 7 against the Redskins.

Lost: DT Chris Baker, WR Pierre Garcon, LB Terence Garvin, DT Kedric Golston, S Duke Ihenacho, WR DeSean Jackson, DT Cullen Jenkins, DE Ricky Jean-Francois, C John Sullivan, CB Greg Toler, S Donte Whitner

Added: LB Zach Brown, LB Chris Carter, DT Ziggy Hood, DT Stacy McGee, DT Terrell McClain, WR Terrelle Pryor, S DJ Swearinger, WR Brian Quick

Drafted: DE Jonathan Allen, LB Ryan Anderson, CB Fabian Moreau, RB Samaje PErine, S Montae Nicholson, TE Jeremy Sprinkle, C Chase Roullier, WR Robert Davis, S Josh Harvey-Clemons, CB Joshua Holsey

Why they’ll lose to the Eagles

Because the Redskins could be really bad this season. The Redskins have overturned a significant portion of their offense, defense and coaching staff (along with the front office), and have taken a step back in most, but not all, of those areas.

In 2015 and 2016, Kirk Cousins threw for 1182 yards and 9 touchdowns in four games against the Eagles, with Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson accounting for 40% of those yards (46 and 45% of those touchdowns (4). Terrelle Pryor should offset some of the loss, and he had a decent game against the Eagles last year, though the corners who covered him are now gone. Josh Doctson has promise, but is unproven after missing virtually his entire rookie season last year.

Not only will the starting offense look very different, but the Redskins lost offensive coordinator Sean McVay to the Rams, so Jay Gruden is back to calling plays after handing over those duties to McVay the last two seasons. With three of the last four games against the Eagles being one score games, including both of last year’s, these changes could be the difference between a win and a loss.

Jay Gruden has won five straight games against the Eagles. It’s easy to see that streak snapping in 2017, whether it be the first game of the season or the rematch in Week 7.

Why they’ll beat the Eagles

For all their steps back, their defense should be better. The Redskins fired coordinator Joe Barry and to replace him promoted Greg Manusky, who with nine years experience as a defensive coordinator with varying success, should bring a level of competence that elevates the entire defense. The addition of Josh Norman brought no clear upgrade to the Redskins defense last year, but it was clear from the start that Barry didn’t know how best to use him.

Stat

2015 Rank

2016 Rank

Pass DVOA 20th 24th
    Pass yards 25th 25th
    Y/A 26th 21st
    Comp % 13th 29th
    TD % 24th 8th
    INT % 25th 16th
    Passer rating 22nd 20th

Manusky doesn’t have a high bar to clear.

On the ground, the efficient rushing attack that ran for over 220 yards in both games against the Eagles last year adds Samaje Perine, who could be the best of a running back depth chart with no clear cut lead runner.

The usual “divisional games are strange beasts” caveat applies as well.

With the improvements the Eagles have made and the steps back the Redskins have taken, they should at least split, with a sweep not far fetched.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Fuck them. The foreskins will be clipped in both games this year. They are beyond bad. They have been overrated for the last few years and this year reality hits them square in the face. Tyrell Pryor is a stud but Cousins is average and they are the 2 best players on offense. We have improved the defense this year so I expect to hold them to <17 points per game. Meanwhile our offense is significantly better then last year while their defense is slightly better. For me is comes down to this : I respect the Giants, and their fans are knowledgeable. The Cowboys have a strong history and have made improvements this year. Their fans have some knowledge but spend too much time reliving past glory to deserve any respect. The Redskins have been a perennial joke for 25 years and their fans are as clueless and disinterested as any in the league. The are the definition of bandwagon fans and I love watching them lose almost as much I love seeing the Cowboys lose. The difference is that cowboy fans hurt when they lose while redskins S fans don't seem to care at all. That's why Snyder gets away with all the bullshit he pulls. Fuck them all. They deserve to lose.
    Last edited by Jukin; 06-18-2017, 02:12 PM.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
      The are the definition of bandwagon fans and I love watching them lose almost as much I love seeing the Cowboys lose. The difference is that cowboy fans hurt when they lose while redskins S fans don't seem to care at all. That's why Snyder gets away with all the bullshit he pulls. Fuck them all. They deserve to be repeatedly ass raped by syphilitic Somalian pirates...for openers.

Fixed!

Wash. fans are like children who can only remember happy times from the past. For many, their chronic optimism is actually of delusional proportions. One might be tempted to say, "they are more to be pitied than scorned".

But, NO! I think You're right Juk No pity...just Fuck em!

Comment

Just wondering....

With all the crap teams take for their Indian nicknames how come the army Calvary never gets any flack about Apache helicopters?

Comment

Anybody remember the name of the super douchebag redskins fans who used to record themselves chugging Crown Royale? And yelling at opposing fans walking to the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            Anybody remember the name of the super douchebag redskins fans who used to record themselves chugging Crown Royale? And yelling at opposing fans walking to the stadium?
            I think you're referring to a group of genuine punks who liked to call themselves the Dead Tree Crew. When in a group of 15 or 20 they were real tough guys, hurling vulgar insults at opposing fans who walked by their 'turf'...2 or 3 at a time. Larger groups of opponents heard few if any insults.

The guy wearing #1...the Mayor...is probably the biggest asshole in the group.

Couple of fun facts:

- Bad asses that they fancied themselves, they preferred the name "Dead Tree Crew" or DTC. Most humans who were familiar with these douche bags referred to them as the Dick Tasters Club.

- Here's a 'trailor' they put out on You Tube. It starts with the uber douche Mayor 'representing'.

- These assholes apparently got their karma leveled a couple years ago when their numbers were down a little one Sunday at Fedex. Instead of their typical group of 15 plus they had only about 10 guys who made the mistake of insulting the wrong group of 5 guys. (Rumor has it these 5 guys didn't just happen by the douche bag's turf accidentally) The story goes that they kicked some Dick Taster ass, including that of the Mayor, before the police broke things up.

PS: They used to have a web site...deadtreecrew.com. I just goggled it and learned it's for sale. "Redskins Forever"
            Last edited by tinopuno; 06-19-2017, 11:01 PM.

Comment

I think it's fine "razzing" other fans when they come on your turf as long as it's all in fun. When you start intimidating people that's where you cross the line.

I remember one year on our way to the Bears game we passed a van of Bear fans and starting mooning them and yelling crap. Of course they were flipping us off (and we're all 40 years old!). Anyway we pull up to a light and I holler out the window where we are parking and to have a few beers with us and tailgate. We had all the food and beer and had a great time. "I can't believe you Phillys fans were so cool. You're nothing like Chicago fans". If they only knew how much they had hit the jackpot LOL!

Comment

Thank you Tino- I could not for the life of me remember their name, but I used to raz a Redskins buddy of mine about them. He hated them.

Oakland is tough to go into as an opponent but that's more for Chargers fans.

LA is going to be great, there will be more Eagles fans in the parking lot than Rams or Chargers fans.

Comment

Working...
                X