No announcement yet.

RIP Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP buddy. Mike was a great guy, a true fan, and provided us with tons of laughs.

The words "Cigar club" cracks me up still.

Comment

I am sorry to hear this. We teased him about the cigar bar and he took all in stride. What a great guy and a true Eagles fan!

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post

The words "Cigar club" cracks me up still.
        The "Cigar Club" was classic stuff...vintage Fresh humor!

It's too bad we can't get together in an Irish wake like atmosphere. Food and plenty to drink while we reminisce about Mike's full tilt approach to life in good times and bad.

Comment

His first post

FRESH IS IN DA HOOOOUUUUSSEE!!!!!!!
          Testes, testes, 1...2...
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Damn. I'm just hearing about this and honestly, I'm floored. Mike was a fantastic guy. I'm at a loss for words right now. This is going to take a lot of time to heal from.... I will say that TIno's Irish wake idea MUST happen! I'd be thrilled to meet up with anyone who would like to do it. I'd suggest the Eagles home opener for a tailgate wake in his honor. Even without game tickets I think a tailgate in his honor would be the best way to honor him and the fight he waged. RIP Mike. You are and will always be a part of this board and our Eagles family.
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Though we have never met, I still consider you a friend and a brother, Fresh. May God rest your soul and comfort and sustain those you have left behind in this realm.

I'll pour a little out for you, homie. RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                Damn. I'm just hearing about this and honestly, I'm floored. Mike was a fantastic guy. I'm at a loss for words right now. This is going to take a lot of time to heal from.... I will say that TIno's Irish wake idea MUST happen! I'd be thrilled to meet up with anyone who would like to do it. I'd suggest the Eagles home opener for a tailgate wake in his honor. Even without game tickets I think a tailgate in his honor would be the best way to honor him and the fight he waged. RIP Mike. You are and will always be a part of this board and our Eagles family.
                We have the draft in Philly this year , might be a good time for a wake
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

My condolences to his family and he will be missed. A total bummer.

Comment

Hey guys I removed this post because it has personal info. Too many idiots on the internet.

If you want susi's mailing address, please PM Eagle60 directly.

-vin
                    Last edited by sfphillyfan; 02-28-2017, 11:40 AM.
                    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

God's speed to FRESH's family. May he Rest In Peace. A wake around the draft sounds like a great idea. Can't commit but would certainly try to come down from NY.
                      Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                      Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Hello All,
                        This is Fresh's Wife. First off, I would like to thank you all for all your kind words about my wonderful husband. If you make the Irish wake happen, please make sure and let me know, because I would want to attend.
                        [email protected]
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          Hello All,
                          This is Fresh's Wife. First off, I would like to thank you all for all your kind words about my wonderful husband. If you make the Irish wake happen, please make sure and let me know, because I would want to attend.
                          [email protected]

Comment

Just saw something on Comcast. Jaws is taking the 2017 draft to the next level. Would make a great opportunity for an Irish wake.

Comment

When I get up in the morning and get to my office, I follow the same routine:

1) Get my coffee
                              2) Browse the topics in EFO.
                              3) Check my email.

This has happened every weekday morning for nearly 11 years. Fresh had been here for nearly 13 years. That is 4,500+ days. He had 24,000+ posts and I have probably ready nearly every one of them.

Sure, its just a message board. But for a lot of us, it is part of our daily lives. I work 60+ hours a week and have a really busy life with my family. This place is my refuge for a few minutes each day.

It's easy to take things for granted and sometimes you don't realize what you had until its gone. That is what I am feeling right now regarding Fresh. You expect to see his name popping up here on a consistent basis, whether he was feeling well or not. He was a good man with a great online personality.

Thank you Fresh and the rest of you for keeping me entertained all these years and for providing a place of refuge, away from the crazies that normally show up on most public Eagles forums.

It was a good day 11 years ago when MD contacted me at PhilaPhans and brought me here to Vin's place.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                                When I get up in the morning and get to my office, I follow the same routine:

1) Get my coffee
                                2) Browse the topics in EFO.
                                3) Check my email.

This has happened every weekday morning for nearly 11 years. Fresh had been here for nearly 13 years. That is 4,500+ days. He had 24,000+ posts and I have probably ready nearly every one of them.

Sure, its just a message board. But for a lot of us, it is part of our daily lives. I work 60+ hours a week and have a really busy life with my family. This place is my refuge for a few minutes each day.

It's easy to take things for granted and sometimes you don't realize what you had until its gone. That is what I am feeling right now regarding Fresh. You expect to see his name popping up here on a consistent basis, whether he was feeling well or not. He was a good man with a great online personality.

Thank you Fresh and the rest of you for keeping me entertained all these years and for providing a place of refuge, away from the crazies that normally show up on most public Eagles forums.

It was a good day 11 years ago when MD contacted me at PhilaPhans and brought me here to Vin's place.
                                Great post! One I share with you! Thanks MD! And Fresh thanks for the laughs and struggles as an Eagles fan!

Comment

Working...
                                X