new Keane album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new Keane album

I didn't even realize that there was a new Keane album out.

I'll let you know how it is...

Yeah - let me know. Liked their last album.

Also - Guster's new album comes out a week from today. I hope they keep building upon their last two.

Comment

I saw Keane live back in December of '04. Guy's got a helluva voice. His piano player was the craziest-looking guy I've ever seen. Sitting at the grand piano doing this spastic jerky dance while playing, it was just bizarre.

I'm not going to bother getting the new album - my girlfriend will definitely buy that one, and I'll just mooch off of her.
      The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Vin - any reviews? I heard the single and it sounded pretty good.

Comment

You know what? I've been listening to Central Reservation more than the Keane album.

Comment

After finally breaking myself away from Central Reservation, I have been listening to this Keane album all day and I gotta say.. I like it a lot.

Comment

Vin - so far so good on Keane.

On Central Reservation - lots of good tunes but for some reason - "Sweetest Decline" is the first song that comes to mind with that album and I sit around humming it for far too long. Thanks for reminding me!

Comment

That's my favorite song on Central Reservation too.

My favorite track on the Keane album so far is "Try Again". It's their signature sound on a great track. The only song that I kinda don't like is Crystal Ball. It'll probably be a single cause it's bouncy and catchy but the lyrics are a little weak.

Comment

The Hamburg Song is really good too despite the title.

What do you think so far, stevemc?

Comment

I like it Vin. There are some cliche' type songs on it. Atlantic is an OK opener.

Is it Any Wonder? Obvious why it's the first single. Very catchy and more uplifting than the rest of their tunes. Very "Speed of Sound"ish.

Third tune ("Nothing in my Way") - I swear I start singing "Somewhere only we know" the minute I hear the opening piano. Good overall. His strong voice comes through on this.

What's nice is there is some contrast on this album as opposed to the more monotone nature of their first album.

Three good closing songs. I like it. B+ for me.

Comment

What did you give the first Keane album?

Unlike X&Y, I can still listen to Hopes and Fears. I wonder if Under the Iron Sea will hold up.

Is the last song "The Frog Prince" political? I hate political songs.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                        What did you give the first Keane album?

Unlike X&Y, I can still listen to Hopes and Fears. I wonder if Under the Iron Sea will hold up.

Is the last song "The Frog Prince" political? I hate political songs.
                        On the surface - I think this album is stronger overall than the first Keane album.

As for the Frog Prince - it certainly could be but the fact that it isn't that rebellious (the whole fairytale as an allegory aspect) makes it palatable to me.

Comment

I enjoyed Hopes and Fears....after the good reviews here I think i'll go out and purchase their new album.

Plus, i wanted to give this a bump

Comment

Working...
                          X