New Fall '06 TV Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Fall '06 TV Season

I watched "Studio 60" last night. I went in skeptical and came out thinking it was pretty damn good. Anyone else see it and have a review?

It's on my DVR and will watch it this weekend.

Comment

The new shows that i'm giving a look-see are:

Studio 60
      30 Rock
      Friday Night Lights (i have high hopes for this one)

Comment

Saw Studio 60. Liked everything but the Amanda Peet character. It was just way too unrealistic for the head of a television studio to be 'one of the guys'.

Comment

I tired Heroes and didn't like it. I'm going to give Jericho three episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
            I tired Heroes and didn't like it. I'm going to give Jericho three episodes.
            I watched Heroes as well and it gripped me. They're going to have to get a little stronger on the human element/storyline to keep it going. Super powers are great and all but if it's all special effects - the show won't last. It was an interesting first episode.

Comment

have both 60 episodes-- really fast paced-- reminds me a lot like th ewest wing when it first came on... kind of a show where the re runs will still be good shows so you can pick up many of the things that fly right by the fisrt time.

I like it--- so far.

And PMD--- I love the AP character, lets remember that this is TV not a reality show.

Comment

Other than the Office nothing has impressed me yet.

Let's hope South Park can come through once again.
                Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I liked the first episode of Jericho, and of Kidnapped. Both were pretty gripping and have potential. Jericho kind of in the way that "Lost" gripped you, with a "what's really going on here?" deal. Kidnapped could go up or down, real fast. I can't see how they are gonna stretch a long program out of this, even for a seson, but we'll see.

Only caught a little of "Smith". Any thoughts on that one?

As for new sit-coms, The Class has had it's moments. I think that one MIGHT take off. Saw the new Ted Danson show last night, and it was awful. Unwatchable.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

You guys are insane or have been married too long. Shows like Lost and 60 are incredibly boring and predictable. West Wing was okay, but incredibly over dramatized. The only decent shows on brocast or regular cable these days are comedies.

Comment

I must be insane then.

The one problem that Studio 60 is that they keep saying how funny the show was, how funny Matthew Perry is and how funny the lead actress is. At some point, something on the show will have to be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by PMD
                        I must be insane then.

The one problem that Studio 60 is that they keep saying how funny the show was, how funny Matthew Perry is and how funny the lead actress is. At some point, something on the show will have to be funny.
                        LOL, i totally agree. It's a lot of things, funny doesn't seem to be one of them. More of a drama.

Comment

Since when has Mathew Perry been funny. I mean I sometimes laugh AT him for his sad attempts at being funny, but that's about it.

Seriously January can't get here soon enough so I can finish the Sopranos and Entourage seasons. Also another great NBC comedy comes back in January, Scrubs.

Comment

"West Wing was okay, but incredibly over dramatized"

Damn,,, maybe they better not call them Dramas anymore then!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                              You guys are insane or have been married too long. Shows like Lost and 60 are incredibly boring and predictable. West Wing was okay, but incredibly over dramatized. The only decent shows on brocast or regular cable these days are comedies.
                              I don't know how Lost is that predictable. Maybe living in Hawaii (where they film) is similar to the show and therefore predictable?

I like Studio 60 but I thought the 2nd show was not nearly as good as the first.

Comment

Working...
                              X