Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

Injuries. Wide receiver Jason Avant was the only player coach Andy Reid listed on the injury report after the game. Avant left in the third quarter with a sprained knee and did not return.
    The Eagles started the second half without Samuel and safety Quintin Mikell on the field, but both players returned. Samuel received an intravenous treatment at halftime and Mikell has a sore knee.
    Tackle Jon Runyan continued to play with a sprained right knee. He was asked afterward how difficult it has become to take the field.
    "It's a challenge to do anything at this point," Runyan said.

Runyan is playing with a seriously damaged knee right now. What a warrior.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post

Runyan has played most of the year through pain/injury that would have had many of us lying in bed for a month. He is the epitome of "tough and reliable"!

If you ever had to chose a guy you'd trust to have your back under any circumstance, Runyan wouldn't be a bad choice.

Comment

If we beat Arizona, that bye week before the big game is going to help him a ton, let's hope.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Agree with all three of you. The guy is a warrior. IF we get by the Cruds those two weeks off are going to help the walking wounded.
        FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Agree on both counts, Runyan is Da Man, and the/a bye week would really help.

Comment

If we get past this week, we might have Shawn Andrews back for the Superbowl. Giving Runyan some rest and getting the big kid back would really help us. The AFC is definitely going to be sending a great defense to represent them. Our offense will need every edge it can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Tackle Jon Runyan continued to play with a sprained right knee. He was asked afterward how difficult it has become to take the field.
              "It's a challenge to do anything at this point," Runyan said.

Did anyone notice that on the Celek TD pass, Runyan was not in there? They put Herremans in his spot and placed Justice at LG. Justice held up well, but Tra tripped over his foot and he hit Tuck....sending Tra flying into the backfield.

If BigJohn calls it quits, they may move Herremans, who AR called our best lineman this year, to tackle and move Max in his spot. Ofcourse I want John back for one more year, but I feel he'll move to the booth to save his body.
              Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
                Runyan has played most of the year through pain/injury that would have had many of us lying in bed for a month. He is the epitome of "tough and reliable"!

If you ever had to chose a guy you'd trust to have your back under any circumstance, Runyan wouldn't be a bad choice.

I heard on WIP that Runyan asked Burkholder to cut off his leg at the knee, ala Ronnie Lott, so he could get back out there for the second half. When Burkholder pointed out that he wouldn't have a leg Runyan reconsidered. Now that's one tough guy!!
                Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Shawn Andrews has been ruled out for Arizona?

Oh and Runyan is a legend.
                  Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                  Playoff Appearances:
                  NFC Title Games:
                  Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY View Post
                    Oh and Runyan is a legend.
                    Still the most important impact FA signing of the Reid era. Amazing that we've gotten 9 great years out of him after he was already an established all-pro coming off a Super Bowl apperance with the Titans.

Comment

Look at Runyan's career stats. There aren't alot of details to an OL's stats but you can tell just by games and starts how incredible he's been.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jonrunyan...s?id=RUN804626

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch View Post
                        Still the most important impact FA signing of the Reid era. Amazing that we've gotten 9 great years out of him after he was already an established all-pro coming off a Super Bowl apperance with the Titans.
                        Good post!

Comment

And I recall many, many people saying he would never see the back end of his contract because he was so highly paid when the birds got him. He has defintiely been a premier signing
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

I hate it when all I have to say is "I agree," but... agree that Runyan is a legend and the best FA signing of the Reid era. He's one of my favorite Eagles and one of the toughest I've ever seen. He's the iron man of the team, just there gutting it out and doing it well, every single game, and it's a lot tougher to be the iron man when you play football.
                            E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X