#4 Overall Pick | Target Two Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4 Overall Pick | Target Two Guys

If these two guys are there (they should be) - these are legit building blocks:

OT - Luke Joeckel (Texas AM)
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737240

MLB - Manti Te'o (Notre Dame)
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664155

Both blue chip players to start building a foundation for the next decade.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Nice to see the kid from A&M (Damontre Moore - DE) declare for the draft as he's a top 5 pick and adds talent to the pool.

Comment

I gotta go with Joeckel. With the guys coming back from injury & the addition of an absolute stud to play LT or RT, that O-line is solid.
      After that, go D with emphasis on CB & SS.
      Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I would go with Joeckel if he was there but I think he is gone by 4. The Chiefs are going to draft either Geno Smith or Joeckel. The Jags are likely to draft either Jarvis Jones or D. Moore from A&M. The Raiders are likely to go QB or Joeckel. I just don't think he will make it to us.

Teo is good but I'm not sure you spend the 4th pick on a MLB/SLB that is not an absolute slam dunk. He is not Brian Urlacher athletically. Just not sold on him that high. Now if we were to sit there at 4 and not have the guy we want and want to trade back 5 spots, then I'd be OK with Teo.

The guy I really want is Joeckel or Moore if we shift to a 3-4.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree on Joeckel. Rebuild the offensive line first.

Comment

One of the worst secondaries in the HISTORY of the NFL and we are going to take a right tackle with the 4th pick. There is one and only one player we need to target Dee Milliner CB Alambama. We need a building block for the secondary. The offensive line has Peters, Heremens and Mathis to build around
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Take the first 5 rated players and take the one who isn't a friekin asshole. I don't care what position he plays.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'd go Jarvis Jones from Georgia before Te'O personally.Then again, in today's NFL, I think you need to have offense first. Get me two O-Lineman and either a stud third receiver or second TE and I'm psychedso sign me up for Joeckel for that #4 pickthen sign me up for Eifert or Ertz in round 2then go get me Dwayne Bowe and give him Asomugha's money

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  One of the worst secondaries in the HISTORY of the NFL and we are going to take a right tackle with the 4th pick. There is one and only one player we need to target Dee Milliner CB Alambama. We need a building block for the secondary. The offensive line has Peters, Heremens and Mathis to build around
                  That's a fair point. But, Peters is not a given, and I'm not about Kelce either, given Mudd's retirement. The offensive line is the most important unit on the field. As bad as the Eagles were defensively, they were still competitive until Kelce went down. At that point, there was a noticeable drop off, and once Herremans went down, the season was over. They'll have to take into account Peters' status, but I would prefer they get the O-line straight before looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    * I strongly disagree. Dee Millner is not worth a #4 overall pick. At all. You pick the best player regardless of position in this situation and Herremans is getting old (31 next year) and Peters (Also 31 next year) is a question mark.

You need those anchors on the o-line.

If a game changer corner was there - sure - but he's not. Millner is a 10-20 pick.
                    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                    Playoff Appearances:
                    NFC Title Games:
                    Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The DB was, in part, a mess due to no preassure on the QB. Yes they sucked, but it was a product of a totally disfuctional unit. I am taking the tackle and looking to FA and deeper in the draft for a DB. Millner is good, but he may be a product of a great defensive team.

Comment

The pressure improved once Graham got into the lineup regularly, but the DBs didn't get any better.

I'm no scout, obviously, but Dee Milliner was an athletic freak with good technique when I watched him. Bama players have had a lot of success in the NFL lately, no evidence really that they are overrated due to the team's success.

Comment

I agree with the premise that Joeckel would provide the team with an excellent building block for the future. What is the opinion on Chance Warmack, OG? Maybe not at #4, so if the team decides to trade down for more picks, then Warmack is an option for the OL.

Comment

TP: I think that is a valid option. I guess we have to look not at BPA, but where the drop-off is for BPA by position of need. Can we go Millner and get a decent tackle later or are we better off going with a strong tackle and going DB or other later. It is too early to debate much, as FA will better line out what are real needs are.

Comment

If they are going to take an interior lineman, I'd go for Barrett Jones from Alabama in the 2nd round - can play anywhere on the line other than LT (including center). The guy is a monster.

Comment

Working...
                              X