Dear Howie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Howie

I take back every bad thing I ever said and am sorry I laid the Kelly fiasco at your feet. You have done the impossible and I can't wait to see if you did indeed improve our 1st rd pick.

We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

I'm not going that far yet but I am liking the pre-draft pre-FA period so far. Although I thought Moats played pretty well (albeit an injury waiting to happen) last year. The Murray Maxwell contracts for what they produced was brutal even if they had to potential to do better this year. Did anyone say Alonso was worth a damn at any time last year---no. Howie is getting out from the Crap of Chip and getting something in return. I would always like more but acknowledge that it isn't easy to do.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

It's a little early for that MM. I don't like all this crap myself. He's starting to sound like "Let's Make a Deal" Howie again.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I just said I love the moves. Not sure where this goes, but we are getting better long term and ridding ourselves of cancer. I like that we are committing to the core and to the vets we have. If we can sign Cox, I would be happier. We had little depth and several contracts that killed the cap for years to come. Howie is moving like the Ferret. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever would have thought we could move Maxwell, Alonzo AND Murray this year and get anything back. If we get 4 picks from the Dolphins and something from the Titans, we are going to look Reidesque going into the draft with a dozen picks. I don't know he grand plan, but like the signals we are sending.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
          I just said I love the moves. Not sure where this goes, but we are getting better long term and ridding ourselves of cancer. I like that we are committing to the core and to the vets we have. If we can sign Cox, I would be happier. We had little depth and several contracts that killed the cap for years to come. Howie is moving like the Ferret. Nobody, and I mean nobody, ever would have thought we could move Maxwell, Alonzo AND Murray this year and get anything back. If we get 4 picks from the Dolphins and something from the Titans, we are going to look Reidesque going into the draft with a dozen picks. I don't know he grand plan, but like the signals we are sending.
          It would be nice if we had some kind of scouting department to use those picks. Or a head of personnel. Or a functioning FO. We'll see.

Comment

Damn 60 do you think it will be worse than Chip's mistakes?
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              It would be nice if we had some kind of scouting department to use those picks. Or a head of personnel. Or a functioning FO. We'll see.
              Yes, these moves just create some opportunities for us. It all depends on how they use those opportunities.
              "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Come on 60; we are entitled to reach and react before we think. Throw logic out the window and jump on the bus....

Comment

60 mix some beam with the green koolaid. We're SB bound !!!! Seriously, Howie somehow unloaded the unloadable . I kinda wanted to see Murray with some blocking though.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Don't worry, I'll be driving the bus come September Fred!! And MM, I just started some red!

Comment

taking a week or 2 off myself

Comment

Nobody likes a quitter.
                        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

been a tough week, just giving the liver a chance to become unpickled

Comment

I like pickles.

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                              I take back every bad thing I ever said and am sorry I laid the Kelly fiasco at your feet. You have done the impossible and I can't wait to see if you did indeed improve our 1st rd pick.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't imagine any way that any overpriced Maxwell and Alonso who is a shell of his former self would be nearly enough to move the Eagles even 1 slot in the 1st round let alone 4.

I'm guessing this is one of those where we give them a 6th and we get their 3rd or 4th, or something like that.

Seriously, they just traded 2 guys who have almost no value. I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when we hear what the return is. Howie is still a genius for finding a way to get anything for these guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X