Rams fans are crazy wild about their team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rams fans are crazy wild about their team

...as witnessed by the car load of Ram's fans who attended their team's SB game.

It should come as no surprise that the TV rating for watching the game was LOWER for the LA market than for the nation as a whole.
    Link:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry-as-a-whole/

From the piece in PFT:
    "In fact, the L.A. market actually had a lower television rating for the Super Bowl than the country as a whole. According to Austin Karp of Sports Business Journal, the Los Angeles market had a 44.6 overnight rating, which is actually lower than the 44.9 overnight rating for the country as a whole.
    It’s just about unheard of, not only for the Super Bowl but for any sporting event, for the market of one of the two teams in the game to get a lower rating than the country as a whole. (For comparison, Boston had a 57.4 overnight rating.)"

This begs the question, which fan would you rather have a beer with: the blaze indifference of people from the LA area or the obnoxious, arrogant, condescending entitlement of the band wagoners from Bean Town?

I think I know 60's preference.

LA. You couldn't talk the bean town people into paying but I think I could talk the LA people into paying for my beer and throw in pizza and burgers. Then I ignore them while I feed
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I've said before that when players are interviewed they always say that their goal is to go to the SB, not to win it. Of course if you make it there your goal changes but you can't tell me that other than the Patriots all the other 30 teams other than then the defending champion Eagles thought that way when the season started this past year and even the Eagles might feel this way this coming season.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

This begs the question, which fan would you rather have a beer with: the blaze indifference of people from the LA area or the obnoxious, arrogant, condescending entitlement of the band wagoners from Bean Town?

I’ll drink alone, thank you.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          I’ll drink alone, thank you.
          Good one Juk

Comment

I can't imagine a team without fans, we had great fans with shit teams
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
              I can't imagine a team without fans, we had great fans with shit teams
              Those west coasters sure are different. I'm loving their owner getting screwed. I hope that the new stadium falls on its face too.

Comment

And, they've got two teams to support. Imagine how devoid of fans the stadium would be on gameday if not for the opposing fans. The NFL is just so intoxicated with the number of TV sets in that market that they really don't care that the vast majority of them simply don't give a shit about football.

Comment

Living here in LA I saw one person wearing a Rams shirt on Super Bowl Sunday. I did however see plenty of Pats hats and shirts.

It does make it easy to get tickets to games though

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                    Living here in LA I saw one person wearing a Rams shirt on Super Bowl Sunday.

By any chance, was this the person? (NTTAWWT)

Comment

Working...
                    X