View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
sfphillyfan 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

sfphillyfan will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure if you guys know but I do a weekly picks podcast:http://www.sportscolumn.com/2011/10/...s-and-podcast/

Here's my lock:

By now, you’ve heard the stat that Andy Reid is 142-0 following the bye week. This is true. Andy is undefeated when he gets 2 weeks to prepare for a game that usually requires 1 week to prepare for. (Well, except for that pesky Super Bowl game but that’s another story.)

Anyway, trends are made to be broken. Unless you’re talking about the roulette wheel, in which case the gambler’s fallacy comes into play. However this isn’t about stats and odds, and fancy learned terms from not-real-America fancy colleges. This is about a football team that seems to have a lot of momentum (1 game?) because Rex Grossman decided he wanted to hand out Christmas presents early.

A week off and a gifted win seems to have everyone forgetting about the fact that the Eagles FO was playing fantasy football with the owners money. (Right, Asante?) They played it so poorly that they forgot to draft individual defensive players and now have no linebackers or safeties. I guess Howie and Joe were too busy looking at sack stats.

Unless Tony Romo pulls a Rex Grossman (and that is infinitely possible), the Cowboys offense is gonna run roughshod over the Eagles D. Maybe Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, and DeSean Jackson can keep up. But I’m betting $110 to win $100 on the Cowboys (+3.5) that they can’t.
The views and opinions expressed above are those of sfphillyfan and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of EFO or the administration. And to further confuse you, here's a pic of Kate Beckinsale:
:
sfphillyfan is offline   Reply With Quote