Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades

Is there anyone available out there that can help us, that is attainable?

Trade suggestions, anyone? Please keep them to realistic ones, none of this "Millar and Crespo for Randy Johnson" crap

I'm not sure there's anyone we could trade for the Big Unit without losing the core of the team. That being said, we are going to lose most of that core in the off-season. The most depth we have is at 3B, so I'd expect them to be shopping Mueller, Youkilis, and Snyder (who is tearing it up in AAA this year).

Comment

Go, Yankees! Whiney Boston fans need to stop complaining you have two Lobardi trophies in the past 3 years. You're Celtics have more world championships than any other franchise.

The Phillies are the losingest franchise in sports. The Eagle haven't won a world championship since 1960, Sixers since '83. Flyers since '79.
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

But why the "Go, Yankees!"??? It's only going to make us bitch more if they win this year. Hell, they average a championship almost every 3 years of their existence (and the Phillies have at least won a championship since Taft was president). Football and basketball are mere off season sports to keep everyone entertained until April.

Comment

No, it's the other way around, baseball is the background sport, and I need a team to cheer for in september while football season is getting geared up; so why not the Yankees. If the Phillies ever made it to the playoffs I would root for them but since they never do I've begun rooting for the Yankees to piss off all the whiny Boston fans.

Comment

No trades

I don't think any Red Sox will be traded. I agree, we would have to lose the core of our lineup in order to pickup someone worth trading. THe Red Sox are an awesome team and they are finally heating up. We have a shot if the damn Yanks would lose a few games. Every game the Sox win, the Yanks win, and every time the Sox lose, the Yanks still win. Oh well maybe it's because they have a 10 billion dollar lineup.

Comment

Re: No trades

Originally posted by RedSox1187
              Oh well maybe it's because they have a 10 billion dollar lineup.
              A bit envious?

Comment

Nomaaahh Gone!

I can't believe they actually traded Nomar. Someone help me. I have never watched either Doug or Cabrera. Will some1 tell me if they are any good? Or were the actually worth giving up Nomar for? i am extremely sad to see him go, but I would like to know if it was for the better.

Comment

Mientkiewicz and Cabrera are both gold glove winners with decent offensive production in the past and both are having a bad season so far at the plate. The Sox are obviously hoping to they'll be inspired by a change of scenery (I think this is much more likely for Cabrera, since it must blow to be an Expo). Dave Roberts is an interesting pick up, since he'll give them one of the best basestealers in MLB and is also a great fielder. I don't think the Sox had much choice with Nomar, he was obviously using his injury as an excuse to play half-assed this season and try the free agent market when it's over. It was also a bit of a risk to hope that he'll do better in the playoffs this year. These new guys repesent a huge departure from the Red Sox philosophy of station to station baseball. I just hope Francona actually uses the speed of Roberts and Cabrera (as well as Damon and Reese) to put pressure on teams. That type of baseball is much more reliable in the post season than hoping that someone will hit a 3 run homer.

Comment

If the Phillies ever made it to the playoffs I would root for them but since they never do I've begun rooting for the Yankees
                    Leifdawg, I'm quite disappointed in you. To call the Phillies the losingest franchise is just wrong. They may be a hard-luck kind of club at times, but they've enjoyed some success, and seen some great players walk through the doors. But to turn to the Yankees, of all teams? What is that?
                    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

First of all, I love the Phillies, but it is a fact that they are the losingest franchise in all of sports.

Second I root for the Yankees only during the postseason because it ticks people off; case in point.

Comment

That's still weak...and I know a couple of Bengals fans that would argue the losingest franchise in sports point

Comment

Originally posted by trufresh17
                          That's still weak...and I know a couple of Bengals fans that would argue the losingest franchise in sports point
                          It's not something you can argue, the Phillies have the most losses of any team in sports.

Comment

Do you have proof of this?

Comment

I couldn't find a link, but I recently heard it somewhere. The Phillies are closing in on I think their 10,000th franchise loss.

Comment

Working...
                              X