Agholor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agholor

Am I the only one who thinks we should work on a deal with him to stay?

clearly the 9 mil cap number or 2019 is too high for what he brings. But can't we restructure a new deal and get him in the 4-5 mil a year range on a 3 year deal?

He has made so many critical catches. I'd hate to lose him.

am I alone on this?

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks we should work on a deal with him to stay?

clearly the 9 mil cap number or 2019 is too high for what he brings. But can't we restructure a new deal and get him in the 4-5 mil a year range on a 3 year deal?

He has made so many critical catches. I'd hate to lose him.

am I alone on this?
    I'd sure would hate to lose him too! I would have thought they'd have him wrapped up by now.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm on board with keeping Agholor. Personally I think he brings more than Tate but Tate didn't really get an opportunity to get comfortable
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        I'm on board with keeping Agholor. Personally I think he brings more than Tate but Tate didn't really get an opportunity to get comfortable
        Tate has had a great career, but Aggie has the speed to pull away and break plays. I think at this point he's a lot more dangerous than Golden is. I'm not ruling out Mack the Knife yet either. He could be a real surprise this season.

Comment

Lower his cap and keep him long term. Done and done.
          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

I like his attitude, especially his determination after catching the ball or on a reverse.

He has gone from bust to winner IMO. Keep him.

Comment

Takes 2 to tango, I think we should wonder why it hasn’t already gotten done.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Yes they should resign Aggy no doubt.

And then draft a big and physical WR in the first 2 rounds.

The NFL is a passing league.

I’d go
                DT
                OL - probably a guard or center in R2
                WR

And then from there get your RB, your LB and more lineman.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I'm in for a tackle that will be a big ass guard for a year or so until he is NFL tackle ready but I have to say I just don't know what they think of Pryor and Mailaita (sp?). If they think those two are NFL ready and that Peters has another year in him then I'm not sure they look at the line. Brooks should be back (if not at the beginning of the season it will be early on) but maybe they cut ties with Wis and decide to go with a draft pick.
                  Going to be interesting now that they signed Kelce and Seamalu
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Can’t believe we might trade Aggie. Wtf?

Makes you wonder if he and his agent are asking for more $ or something

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      Can’t believe we might trade Aggie. Wtf?

Makes you wonder if he and his agent are asking for more $ or something
                      $9 million is a hell of a lot of money. Isn't that about what Jeffreys signed for? I think that they can move him though because both Ertz and Goedert can be both be effective in the slot.

Comment

Yes the money is kind of high for him and yes I think they are trying to get Goedert more involved. Maybe they also want to get Jackson's speed more involved rather than just being a deep deception. Maybe Clement is coming back healthy. There are only so many touches so maybe they don't think they can get him enough to justify the salary. They are already on the hook as far as the cap goes.
                        Agholor, to me, provided more things beyond just receiving. He was involved in the run game also. I think he has value but maybe not.
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          Yes the money is kind of high for him and yes I think they are trying to get Goedert more involved. Maybe they also want to get Jackson's speed more involved rather than just being a deep deception. Maybe Clement is coming back healthy. There are only so many touches so maybe they don't think they can get him enough to justify the salary. They are already on the hook as far as the cap goes.
                          Agholor, to me, provided more things beyond just receiving. He was involved in the run game also. I think he has value but maybe not.
                          I good player like him that is under contract should get you a 3 or 4 I would think. Heck, we gave away a 3 for Tate for half a season last year. I would think that he would have already been moved if that were going to happen though. I don't think there are a lot of player movements on draft day. It seems like if he goes it would be after the draft if a team didn't come out of it as good as they hoped they would. Alshon and Jackson aren't the most durable guys in the world so I could see the Eagles just hanging onto Aggie too. They have a whole lot of money tied up at that spot though so who knows?

Comment

The funny thing is I think his low production numbers are already due to how we spread the ball. To some extent the same can be said of Jeffrey.

I admit I loathed Nelson in his first year. He really bounced back and earned my respect. Go back and watch the SB and his clutch 3 catches in a row.

It probably is all about the money and more Aggie and his agent not willing to take less. I’m just worried DJax is so fragile and don’t love a rookie replacing Aggie if we want to win a SB now.

Comment

As much as I'd like to keep Aggie IMO this comes down to $'s. With DJax and Alshon costing @ $22mil, it's tough to keep Aggie at @$9mil. I think the Staff likes Hollins in the same role & then draft another WR. It's just business Fellas!
                              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Working...
                              X