No announcement yet.

Another reason for BPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been reading...just not posting all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      No, I was surprised Pete played as well last year and really didn't expect him back next year. What I would disagree with is that taking an OT was sure fire. I've said for awhile no one really has the insight into what they thought of V, M, P or moving LJ to LT. It is obvious they like to draft OL to keep dollar figures low but also to find the next great thing. But I certainly don't think it was sure fire and that if Dillard was gone they wouldn't have gone in a different direction.
      Andy may have had some philosophy but he wasn't married to it by any means. Think Watkins, Carver, et al. He reached at times.
      Not sure how you can know that they know that Long won't be back. At this point I expect he won't. But had the draft fallen differently I think it is quite possible he would be back. Hell I bet I couldn't find a soul to bet me 12 cents that Jernigan would've been signed this weekend. If they had planned DT early I am certain people would say they knew Jernigan was done.
      I thought safety would be looked at and posted such earlier. In fact said I wasn't so much concerned about replacing Jenkins as I was McLeod, Sendejo, Graham. My original post wasn't so much about who they drafted but that I see more and more evidence of how they draft or build the team. Not going safety increases my thought that maybe they see the Jenkins/Dawk type guy who they can use in lots of roles but didn't see that guy here.
      I don't know that RB was obviously going to be taken. Again I think they found Sanders available and went for him because he was BPA at the time or they know they have issues at RB that fans/media don't know. Signing Howard and having Clement further along in recovery could've allowed them to not draft RB. If, in fact, he is further along in recovery which fans nor the media know. Also we don't know Sproles' status although I have advocated moving on from him. Additionally they found Blount, Ajayi available on the market. So I don't know that RB had to be drafted.
      Sorry for the long post but in closing I will say the draft shows me that they are ready to move on from some people and want points. There are high scoring games now and just off the top of my head I thought there were a couple of games lost last year because they didn't put points on the board.
      All you need to do is read Chris Longs twitter and you will see he is not coming back. In fact he told the team to proceed like he wasn't coming back. Those are the facts, not opinion

The reaches that Andy made were just that reaches because they had holes. In fact Howie has learned from that. He signed Forte, he signed Sendjo, he signed Jernigan, he signed Curry, He traded for Howard and Jackson. All filled holes so that he could stay true to his board in the draft and go get what was needed.

I will say this, I don't think Howie is done adding. I wouldn't be surprised if he dealt for another linebacker, maybe even make a big splash like a deal for Patrick Peterson or Chris Harris.

This is a loaded and stacked roster right now. They are going to cut guys who will catch on and play on other teams.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I could see a trade of Agholor during camp in much the same way we traded Jordan Matthews for Darby a few years back. The staff gauges the level of depth especially with the new additions before dealing Agholor.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
          I could see a trade of Agholor during camp in much the same way we traded Jordan Matthews for Darby a few years back. The staff gauges the level of depth especially with the new additions before dealing Agholor.
          I don't think so Steve because it's hard to trade a $9.4 million salary. I think that they made the decision to go with Aggie again this year. I don't think that you draft a guy 3rd like they did Whitey and expect him to start for you.

ND, I admit that Jernigan was a big surprise but it wasn't that the Eagles weren't interested in him. I just think that he was overestimating his worth to other teams he so decided to stay in Philly after all. The Birds did backtrack on his contract though so that might have pissed him off when he proved himself healthy when he returned last year. Does anybody know what kind of contract that he signed this year?
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X