Game Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
    Yeah, I wonder if Agholor was pissed on that bomb that he didn't get the ball? I want more Howard and less Sproles to tell you the truth. That was a great catch on that dud from Wentz.
    I don't think Agholor was upset. I think he knows he is going to get his as the year progresses. This is a pick your poison offense. If you try to take away the deep ball we will get you in the run game and short to intermediate game. if you work to stop that we have 3 receivers who can beat you deep at any time. No to mention two tight ends.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Watching the NFL Channel and ESPN today. There were a bunch of offensive explosions Sunday. I think that Baltimore will surprise a lot of people and the Browns are still the Browns: 43-13. I loved watching Mayfield eat crow at his PC after Sunday's game .
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

In 2018 the Eagles had 2 plays from scrimmage for 50+ yards. DJax had 2 yesterday. Welcome home.

Some people have been saying that perhaps Dougie used Sproles a bit much yesterday, but I get it. It was Sanders' first game, and Howards first in the system. I can see Doug wanting to lean on the guy he knows he can trust. But, I definitely liked what I saw out of all three of them yesterday. They've got a good backfield now.

The injury to Malik Jackson is very problematic. It's a position where the Eagles don't have much depth. It wouldn't surprise me to see Howie making a move there if Jackson is lost for the season.

I think the slow start is worrisome. The Eagles have had issues with that, and while you can dig yourself out of a significant hole against the Redskins, if you spot a good team 17 points you're going to be in trouble. I don't know what the solution is, but they need to get that fixed somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
          In 2018 the Eagles had 2 plays from scrimmage for 50+ yards. DJax had 2 yesterday. Welcome home.

Some people have been saying that perhaps Dougie used Sproles a bit much yesterday, but I get it. It was Sanders' first game, and Howards first in the system. I can see Doug wanting to lean on the guy he knows he can trust. But, I definitely liked what I saw out of all three of them yesterday. They've got a good backfield now.

The injury to Malik Jackson is very problematic. It's a position where the Eagles don't have much depth. It wouldn't surprise me to see Howie making a move there if Jackson is lost for the season.

I think the slow start is worrisome. The Eagles have had issues with that, and while you can dig yourself out of a significant hole against the Redskins, if you spot a good team 17 points you're going to be in trouble. I don't know what the solution is, but they need to get that fixed somehow.
          Part of the problem was Case Keenum yesterday. He was on fire in the first half.

Comment

Part of the problem was Case Keenum yesterday. He was on fire in the first half.
            He’ll 60 you could have those receivers... they were seriously open and unhampered.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              He’ll 60 you could have those receivers... they were seriously open and unhampered.
              Sendjo, Douglas and Bradham (interesting cause I thought he had a pretty good game) all had a 100% completion percentage against them on Sunday. Think about that for a minute. 3 of the back 7 100% completion. That is like taking Candy from a Baby.

Also want to add that Keenum missed a wide open receiver that could have been another long TD. The Defense was dreadful Sunday. I just don't get this trend on around the league of Bend and Break Defenses. Hell the Texans did the same thing last night. News Flash kickers in this day and age can hit 58 yard field goals, as well as 60 yard field goals.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                Sendjo, Douglas and Bradham (interesting cause I thought he had a pretty good game) all had a 100% completion percentage against them on Sunday. Think about that for a minute. 3 of the back 7 100% completion. That is like taking Candy from a Baby.

Also want to add that Keenum missed a wide open receiver that could have been another long TD. The Defense was dreadful Sunday. I just don't get this trend on around the league of Bend and Break Defenses. Hell the Texans did the same thing last night. News Flash kickers in this day and age can hit 58 yard field goals, as well as 60 yard field goals.
                The league wants points and they are getting them with these no contact rules these days in the secondary.

Comment

All that I can say about that EB is that the line came out with their heads down and Doug got his head out of his ass and put Howard in and we ran all over them. If you have a Cannon you shoot it!!
                  Last edited by Eagle60; 09-10-2019, 07:16 PM.

Comment

non Eagles fans and some media forgot how amazing it was that we were so close to an NFCCG last year with no deep threat, and HB's named Josh Adams and Wendell Smallwood.

there is so much flexibility with this years offensive roster. We can pound you, spread you, or go deep on you (don't get excited Popper)

Comment

It's the other side of the ball that I'm worried about Dawk. Schwartz only blized 16 times against Washington because we got stonewalled and Keenum ate it up.

Comment

It's the other side of the ball that I'm worried about Dawk. Schwartz only blized 16 times against Washington because we got stonewalled and Keenum ate it up.
                        Me too Eagles60, very worried about the defense. The interesting thing is when they did blitz it didn't come close to working. Mostly because Schwartz has the CB playing 10 yards off the receiver. Vet QB's know this and they will gladly take the 7 or 8 yard completion in that scenario.

Comment

Jernigan's health is really important now.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                            Jernigan's health is really important now.
                            It has been for some time. The one thing with the way this team rotates its lineman the 3rd DE, the 3DT are like starters.

I do think they are going to be OK at DT. Ridgeway is under rated. I was surprised when they got him so cheaply. He isn't Jackson but he can be a solid rotational guy. Spence has been a starter in this league, all be it a slightly below average starter, so as your 4th tackle you could do worse.

My concern with the defense is scheme (and has been for over a year now) vs. the talent of the players. Blitz's don't get the QB when he can receive the ball and throw to a wide open reciever 5 yards down the field because our corners are soft. 4 down lineman the same thing.

I honestly can't understand Schwartz off coverage thing because its meant to keep from getting beat deep, yet we pretty consistently get beat deep. The kid from Ohio State should have had two long td's against us on Sunday. Keenan just over throw him on the second one.

Our offense will be dynamic (we can beat you many different ways) if our Defense is league average we should win a bunch of game, if our defense is above average we should win a Super Bowl. We have the players to be above average.

Comment

I didn't see anybody on that D line do anything exceptional. In fact I could say the same thing about everybody on defense. The only guy that I remember making any plays was Bradham but I admit that I haven't rewatched the game yet. I'm going to tonight though because I'm going to stay up late. Anyway, that defense of ours had better play a hell of a lot better than last week or we will get torched by Atlanta.

Comment

I just got done and I have a ton of notes that I'm too tired to share right now. I'll just talk a little about the defense right now. Cox was his usual self and Bradham is a stud and had a real nice game. Graham and Vinny played with great effort also. I didn't see much at all to be thrilled with Malik. They even played him at DE and he didn't show anything there either. I thought that he looked very average. Jernigan is much better. Play action was killing us. They need to follow their keys better. If the D line gives ground it's a pass but if they don't it's a play action pass. We don't seem to pick that up very good. On pass plays it seems that our LBs get very good drops but then can't find the ball to clog the passing lanes. It might be that Keenan was doing a great job of looking them off. Finally, they gave up 278 friekin yards in the first half!!!
                                Last edited by Eagle60; 09-12-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X