No announcement yet.

Game Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't watched it again but I've read the Eagles claim the skins were giving their line a lot of help.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      I haven't watched it again but I've read the Eagles claim the skins were giving their line a lot of help.
      Yes, there was a lot of max protection and they picked up our blitzes like textbook. Those midrange passes were killing us.

On offense Brooks played GREAT. He's a real stud. I thought that Kelce might have made a couple of mistakes on blitzes but that's tough to know. Washington did a real nice job on run blitzes and we were a little confused on many of them. Sanders had a beautiful run called back. Howard proved he can do it all. He ran with power and showed good speed. He also caught a horrible pass from Wentz on a swing play.

Jackson had a weird quote after the game when asked about his nerves. It basically went "yes I was nervous at the start of the game but I got my penalty out of the way and I calmed down? Who knows WTF goes on in that head of his!!!! That penalty killed a nice drive that we had going for us after Washington's first TD.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        They did a good bit of extra protection, Keenum got rid of the ball for the most part quickly. That is a good way to counteract a pass rush, especially against a defensive coordinator that doesn't now how to blitz and plays soft zone all the the time.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'm concerned about the defense too fellas. They did a better job in the second half, but any time a team like the Redskins comes out and just absolutely shreds them like that, you have to wonder WTF is going on. It's obvious that the offense can score points, and they are going to be able to match up against any defense in the league. But, you still have to play defense. I agree with Taz on Schwartz. He's very frustrating. I know they really don't want to give up those chunk plays. But, they play soft, and let the other team march up and down the field, and then they turn around and give up the freakin chunk plays too. It's concerning, for sure.

Comment

Hey guys! I'm back! My take:
            1. Wentz was great move in the pocket made great decisions with the ball. Chemistry with the WRs was awesome! Ertz and Goeddert are going to have monster 2nd half of the season because of it.
            2. DJax nothing more can be said! That type of speed will be open up so much for everyone on the offense!
            3. The RBs I like the 3 headed monster approach however I must say the more I see of Howard the better i feel! December and January games with that guy and that O line? OMG!
            4. Barnett is played well. Graham too! the secondary? Bleh! Darby had about 3 picks he should have and whiffed on all of them! Douglas is going to be a great safety for New England. 3rd and 4 and DBs are 9 yards off? No way the line can get there
            5. Not sure what Doug was thinking with the play calling in the 1st half but turned it around in 2nd half.
            6. I'll take the win but they definitely have room for improvement

Comment

That nonsense with the corners playing off has been there all along. A couple years ago I thought it was because of the personnel but it has to be strictly philosophy. If you fear getting burned because of your players that is one thing otherwise I am just not sure why you play so far off when it is 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 4. On the other hand the argument is made that you give up the first but live to play another down because they don't get big plays. While that may be true the D spends much more time on the field

Good to see another fan back
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                Hey guys! I'm back! My take:
                1. Wentz was great move in the pocket made great decisions with the ball. Chemistry with the WRs was awesome! Ertz and Goeddert are going to have monster 2nd half of the season because of it.
                2. DJax nothing more can be said! That type of speed will be open up so much for everyone on the offense!
                3. The RBs I like the 3 headed monster approach however I must say the more I see of Howard the better i feel! December and January games with that guy and that O line? OMG!
                4. Barnett is played well. Graham too! the secondary? Bleh! Darby had about 3 picks he should have and whiffed on all of them! Douglas is going to be a great safety for New England. 3rd and 4 and DBs are 9 yards off? No way the line can get there
                5. Not sure what Doug was thinking with the play calling in the 1st half but turned it around in 2nd half.
                6. I'll take the win but they definitely have room for improvement
                Rob back in the house!!
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X