Is there any QB interest this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any QB interest this year?

We could use some help for a higher draft spot with as many coming off of the board as possible before us but I really don't see it. Who's looking for a stud QB this year? The only thing that I've heard is that Kingsbury wants to dump Rosen and draft Murry but he doesn't have any takers. There are surprises every year but I don't see it. Anybody have a clue? Washington? Murray cancelled his interview with them for some reason. I would too LOL. He either knows that he's not going to drop that far or he just doesn't want to go there.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I don't see it even though teams go looking every year. Most of the 'hot' names this year really aren't QBs. Murray garners a lot of talk but I don't think he is all that. Of course I am talking about him on a computer and not a TV show
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      I don't see it even though teams go looking every year. Most of the 'hot' names this year really aren't QBs. Murray garners a lot of talk but I don't think he is all that. Of course I am talking about him on a computer and not a TV show
      I've heard a lot of talk about Jones from Duke lately and that the Giants might take him at 6. With all the movement in the last 2 years it seems like almost every team has their young guys now. The Cards might surprise some people though because they don't want to deal with Rosen anymore. There's some talk about the Birds signing your other ND State guy at QB too.

Comment

I’d love to see us pick up Easton Stick late in the draft.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I won't be surprised to see him as an UDFA. Probably his best attribute is his smarts and he played pro style, under the center type offense. Helps immensely in reading defenses. He was listed as 6-2, 220 or so but I think he showed up at the combine as 6-1 so that is a little smaller than the birds like. Of course 6-1 isn't terrible for height. And his arm strength isn't his best attribute so that won't help. I've read the Rams have talked to him a number of times with interest but I wouldn't mind him on the birds. They need another guy to work with and he is as good as any other flyer
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
            I won't be surprised to see him as an UDFA. Probably his best attribute is his smarts and he played pro style, under the center type offense. Helps immensely in reading defenses. He was listed as 6-2, 220 or so but I think he showed up at the combine as 6-1 so that is a little smaller than the birds like. Of course 6-1 isn't terrible for height. And his arm strength isn't his best attribute so that won't help. I've read the Rams have talked to him a number of times with interest but I wouldn't mind him on the birds. They need another guy to work with and he is as good as any other flyer
            He sounds like a Chad Pennington type. Not too shabby if it works out for him.

Comment

It's looking like Murry will go #1-Rosen to Washington would be RGIII 2.0

Schefter: three "primary" suitors for QB Josh Rosen
              Apr
              4/22/2019 3:50:02 PM
              |More
              The three "primary"suitors for Arizona Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen are the New York Giants, the Los Angeles Chargers, and the Miami Dolphins according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

SNY's Ralph Vacchiano recently reported the G-Men have "no interest" in sending the No. 6 or No. 17 pick to Arizona in exchange for Rosen. Unless GM Dave Gettleman has wavered on his hard-nosed stance of refusing to offer their No. 37 selection, too, it's likely the second-year UCLA product lands elsewhere. Miami's interest connects with Peter King's report that no team has done more work on Rosen the past few weeks than the Dolphins. The Fins could potentially offer their second- (No. 48 overall) or third-rounder (No. 7 if the front office deems Rosen a prospect worth building around.

A surprising omission from the list is the Washington Redskins, considering that senior VP Doug Williams has publicly stated that the team needs to add to a quarterback room that currently has only Case Keenum and Co9lt McCoy. It could be that the front office is laying low waiting to see what the Cardinals' price is for Rosen or they may instead prefer to fill the position in the draft.

Comment

I think the Eagles could draft a Quarterback later, guy like Easton Stick or Trace McSorley in round 6
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Rosen must really be a tool

I'm not buying Kingsbury's crap about him being in love with Murray. Maybe he is but there sure is a lot more to the story. The word is out on Rosen and that's why he didn't go that early last season. I think that he's too tough to deal with and I hope that the Giants end up with him. I kind of doubt it though because they just got rid of one beauty who was loaded with talent and I doubt if Gettleman is going to bring another one in.

NFL Draft rumors: Giants among two teams with most interest in trading for Josh Rosen?
                  | What would it cost to acquire Cardinals QB?
                  Updated 12:24 PM; Today 12:09 PM

By Matt Lombardo | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

NASHVILLE -- The Giants could be on the cusp of acquiring their franchise quarterback of the future, without having to invest one of their two first-round picks in the position.

In the final hours leading up to Thursday’s 2019 NFL Draft, the Giants and Miami Dolphins are the only two teams to have reached out to the Arizona Cardinals about a trade for quarterback Josh Rosen, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

“The [Arizona Cardinals] do not have a trade in place, and they don’t have anything close to a trade," Schefter said Thursday morning on Boston’s WEEI 93.7 FM. “And the only two teams that they have spoken to over the last few weeks, last month, have been the Miami Dolphins and the New York Giants. Period. End of story.”

Rosen has frequently been linked to the Giants in the rumor mill over the past month, but Schefter’s comments are the most definitive to date about general manager Dave Gettleman’s interest in the No. 10 pick in last year’s draft.

“I’m not going there,” Gettleman said during his pre-draft press conference last week, sidestepping a question about if the Giants had engaged in trade talks with the Cardinals.

Schefter pointed out that the Cardinals did not have any contact with the New England Patriots about a deal for Rosen. Neither have the Los Angeles Chargers.

According to Schefter, the Giants have expressed the most interest.

“The Cardinals have not spoken to the Dolphins in days,” Schefter said. “The Giants, I believe want to see, how and where this draft unfolds before they would make a move."

The Cardinals, owners of the No. 1 overall pick, have been linked to Oklahoma quarterback Kyler Murray ever since February’s NFL Combine. Arizona general manager Steve Keim seems to have identified, Murray as the ideal quarterback to run head coach Kliff Kingsbury’s uptempo, aerial offensive attack, which makes Rosen expendable.

One NFL offensive coordinator recently told NJ Advance Media that Rosen would be the No. 1 quarterback in this year’s class.

“He’s polished,” the coach said. “He stayed healthy when he was just getting killed out there. He’s a natural passer and he’s athletic.”

The Giants have an advantage over most teams across the NFL that might have interest in Rosen, 12 total picks over the next three days.

After trading Odell Beckham Jr. to the Cleveland Browns, the Giants have picks No. 6, No. 17 and No. 37 over the first-two rounds.

It is difficult to envision the Cardinals turning down the fifth-pick in the second-round for Rosen, if Schefter’s reporting is correct that interest is sparse across the league.

Should Gettleman flip the Giants’ second-round pick for Rosen, he would have paired the No. 2 overall pick in last year’s Draft, running back Saquon Barkley, with the tenth player chosen and have the opportunity to invest both first-round picks in the best defensive players available to rebuild a unit that finished 23rd against the pass and 19th in team defense last season.

Rosen also would come cheap against the salary cap, given that the Cardinals have already absorbed a majority of his signing bonus.

The Cardinals go on the clock at 8:00 p.m., and if a trade hasn’t gone down and Murray’s name is the first one called, things could get quite interesting. We’ll soon know just how interested the Giants are in making a deal for Rosen.

Matt Lombardo may be reached at [email protected]. Follow him on Twitter @MattLombardoNFL

Comment

Working...
                  X