No announcement yet.

>>> 2009 Season Long Contest - Pro Bowl Special<<<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard tell that the Vikings had ten players selected for the pro bowl but there will be 12 in the huddle.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

1. NFC (AFC has no QB'S)
      2. Over (aren't these all 50-45 games?)
      3. Akers (while most scores are TD's, I have to play the odds
      4. No
      5. No (also no tackles)

Comment

1- NFC
        2- Ova!
        3 - Akers
        4 - No
        5 - Yes

Comment

Will I be watching?

No.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

P1: Who is going to win the Pro Bowl? AFC

P2: Because vegas is lazy, i'm setting the Over and under at 55.5. Over or Under? UNDER

P3: Out of the following, who will score first? Akers, Weaver, DJ, none of them
            AKERS

P4: Will Trent Cole have a sack? NO

P5: Will Assante Samuel be an asshat and point to his name on the back of the jersey... er.. ... get an INT? NO
            Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Each question is worth 2 points

P1: Who is going to win the Pro Bowl?
              NFC

P2: Because vegas is lazy, i'm setting the Over and under at 55.5. Over or Under?

OVER

P3: Out of the following, who will score first? Akers, Weaver, DJ, none of them

AKERS

P4: Will Trent Cole have a sack?

YES

P5: Will Assante Samuel be an asshat and point to his name on the back of the jersey... er.. ... get an INT?

YES

Comment

1) AFC
                2) over
                3)Akers
                4)Yes
                5) Yes and he will cement his position in the Probowl with the display he Puts on for his peers
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

updated first post with answers

Comment

I heard the radio play by play with Fouts, Esiason and (whoever the announcer was), they were a riot. They kept going on about how the players were giving half an effort, how the crowd wasn't getting into it, or was starting to disappear.......they were either laughing ("....nobody challenged Jackson on the last 30 yards of that touchdown") or annoyed ("if that's what they call pressure on the QB, that's an embarrassment....")
                    "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                    — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                    - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

The All Star games in most sports are great. Baseball is must see. Hockey and basketball are fun and worth watching. But in football it just doesn't work. The players are tired at the end of the year and looking to avoid injuries so it becomes little more than flag football. I'm not sure how to change that. The injury issue is always going to be a big concern for any player but the league could probably find a way to make the timing work. If they moved it to the beginning of November and suspended the regular games for a week it would offer them several benefits. It would allow all the teams a second week off while extending the season for another week - both of which the league has wanted to do. It would also allow the players to have an audience that might actually care about the game. Having it the week after the Super Bowl is a big time let down and moving it to the week before it like this year insures that a ton of players won't play in it. Making it a featured game and an event the way baseball does might be an answer here. the half-hearted effort won't change though and that may be the biggest reason why no one is really interested in watching it.

[EDIT] The more I think about it the more I'm convinced that the game just doesn't work as an All-Star event. The players don't play hard, the coaches don't have the chance to really work in anything more than basic play calling and the fans have learned that the game is just dull. The NFL is lucky in a lot of ways, this isn't one of the things that works for them.
                      Last edited by Jukin; 02-01-2010, 08:37 AM.
                      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

You don't have to have an all-star game. Name the all-stars, introduce them at the super bowl instead of some of the "entertainment" nonsense they throw out, let them wear a pro-bowl patch the next year that they play, etc. Give someone some time and they can come up with some better ideas than what they have.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Jackson's long TD was a freaking joke,the Football scenes in MASH were more realistic.
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That's not a bad idea Nodak, it's too bad that $$$ will drive the decision though. The NFL might've seen last night as a huge success, and God help us if they did. I wondered if they could just have a televised skills challenge, a la the NFL QB Challenge or the MLB's Home Run Derby. Players would be less likely to get hurt anyway.

That "Pro Bowl Patch" idea is a trip. Seriously, you could have a patch for Pro Bowls, and another one for First Team All-Pro, and list the years they were selected. Manning would be up to, what, ten years or more listed on his PB patch. Sort of like letter jackets or helmet stickers in high school and college.
                            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan View Post
                              That's not a bad idea Nodak, it's too bad that $$$ will drive the decision though. The NFL might've seen last night as a huge success, and God help us if they did.
                              That may well be the case. Apparently last night's Pro Bowl drew a MUCH larger TV audience than last year!

The game itself was dreadful. At least, it seemed that way to me. My view may have been effected by #5's absolutely embarrassing display of inaccuracy...especially in contrast to the rest of the QB's, including Young!

Funny what a receiver can do when a ball hits him in stride. I have been opposed to the idea of trading McNabb but I'm beginning to change my mind.

Comment

I've always suggested a skins game with the probowlers.

Comment

Working...
                                X