View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 11:22 PM   #8
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

There's no question about it...Nashville knows how to host a party and have a 'good old time'. While country music is the staple product there is a wide variety of well played music to suit virtually everyone's taste. It may not have quite the panache of New Orleans but it's less expensive and, IMO, more welcoming.

About 20 years ago when I was still working with a population of young adults that were challenged with mild to moderate developmental disabilities, 10 staff acting as chaperones flew with a group of about 40 clients for a 4 day trip to Nashville. We were there for 4 days and 3 nights. Took in the Grand Old Opry, Dollywood, and a steam boat ride on (I believe) the Cumberland River and ate our dinners at several nice restuarants with good down home cooking.

This was the first time a trip this far from home with this many clients that had ever been attempted by the state program in which I worked and there were some risks involved and more than a few skeptics. Most of our clients were pretty normal in appearance and behavior, but there were a couple exceptions which were noticeable.

The trip went off without a hitch. The clients had a wonderful time, as did the chaperoning staff. The people we encountered as service providers couldn't have been nicer or more welcoming to our crew. Our crew was never made to feel that they were anything other than typical Nashville tourists and music lovers.

So Nashville gets 2 thumbs up from me.
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote