Joe Douglas staying put..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Douglas staying put..

ESPN reporting that Douglas was offered the GM job with the Jets but turned it down. Apparently the money wasn't what He was looking for. The Search goes on for the Jets but for now, He's staying in Philly. I'm sure the Birds FO would have let him walk but the fact is, The Jets Loss is Our Gain.
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Getting all kinds of conflicting reports on Douglas, sounds like rumor speculation as usual. Who the hell knows?
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

but Lombardi said .........

Comment

Reports are all over the place

I think that he's gone. I read a report that they are a $million apart lol. Can you imagine talking about that kind of money????? Poor Joe. To me that sounds like a pretty confident agent though. I've always viewed the Jets not to be shy about spending but I don't follow it that closely. One of these guys is calling the Jets cheap.

Jason McIntyre

@jasonrmcintyre

Bad news Jets fans: As of *right now*, Joe Douglas turned the Jets down. It ONLY came down to money.

Maybe cheap Jets wisen up and give him the # he wants - they're less than a million per year apart - otherwise, it's Champ Kelly time.

Manish Mehta

@MMehtaNYDN

The Jets are not thrilled with the perception that Eagles executive Joe Douglas has the GM job if he wants it, per sources.

Jason La Canfora

@JasonLaCanfora

Every expectation remains that Joe Douglas will be the Jets next GM. Hearing the sides discussing financials over budget for $$ to pay his staff as he reshapes the front office. As long as it doesnt fall apart over that then announcement could come this week
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Sounds like the issue is they are not giving him enough budget to build a good staff around him. This is really a key thing whenever New Management comes in anywhere. I turned down two jobs in the last 10 years because the company wouldn't invest in the staff I needed to get the job done. In other words Joe doesn't want to leave to only be fired in two years because he doesn't have the staff around him to be successful. One thing about Lurie is he has always spent the money to try and put a winner on the field
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

That certainly sounds like that might be the problem. You only get one shot at these jobs and that organization is sure a mess.

Comment

Granted there are only 32 GM jobs but not all GM jobs are created equal and the Jets one is a shitty one.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                Granted there are only 32 GM jobs but not all GM jobs are created equal and the Jets one is a shitty one.
                You know that it is a screwed up mess when the coach is the acting GM. WTF?? Now he's going to pick his own boss? Too funny. I can't believe that Douglas is actually considering the job. That tells me right off the bat that he's not qualified. Maybe he isn't as good as we all thought????

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  You know that it is a screwed up mess when the coach is the acting GM. WTF?? Now he's going to pick his own boss? Too funny. I can't believe that Douglas is actually considering the job. That tells me right off the bat that he's not qualified. Maybe he isn't as good as we all thought????
                  Twitter reporting a six year deal for Douglas with Jets

Comment

Working...
                  X