Eagles sign DT Haloti Ngata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles sign DT Haloti Ngata

One year deal. Little older but a real good run stuffer. 5 time pro bowler. Beau Allen replacement.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Originally posted by taz View Post
    One year deal. Little older but a real good run stuffer. 5 time pro bowler. Beau Allen replacement.
    Always liked this guy's dominating presence. He is 34 but "observers of the game" think he still has some gas in the tank.

I like the move. And I have ALWAYS trusted Howie's judgement completely. (Said the shameless liar!)

I'm now a born again believer in Zen Master Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
      Always liked this guy's dominating presence. He is 34 but "observers of the game" think he still has some gas in the tank.

I like the move. And I have ALWAYS trusted Howie's judgement completely. (Said the shameless liar!)

I'm behind Howie win or tie!!
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Ngata was really something in his day. I wonder what his contract is?

Comment

IMO he will work well in a rotation, as the Eagles like to do

Comment

Don't care about a one year contract--- do care if he is even 85% of what he was he will be a great Allen replacement.

Although I gotta admit that this team is getting older much faster than I thought it would. Hope the draft guys are good enough to be the future. I don't want to go back to 4th place in the Division.

Comment

It seems to me that we're spending a lot of money for these old guys on the D line. Maybe Vinny will get restructured after all or maybe he just stays period if we're under the cap (but I don't see how we possibly are).

Comment

60, you seemed to have done a 180 over the years--- this is not a criticism-- just an observation-- you never worried about money before and I always did. LOL.

Now I'm done worrying about money and you seem to worry about it with every deal.

I do worry a bit about the age but so long as we don't have any long term commitments to these guys (Nagta, Bennett, etc) I guess I just have to hope the young guys and the draft keeps the young/old mix at a good level.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                  60, you seemed to have done a 180 over the years--- this is not a criticism-- just an observation-- you never worried about money before and I always did. LOL.

Now I'm done worrying about money and you seem to worry about it with every deal.

I do worry a bit about the age but so long as we don't have any long term commitments to these guys (Nagta, Bennett, etc) I guess I just have to hope the young guys and the draft keeps the young/old mix at a good level.
                  LOL. I'm more pissed off at losing guys that we supposedly can't pay and replacing them with expensive old guys. I just don't understand this stuff I guess.

Comment

These older guys are guys to replace with FAs each year. Gotta see what the money is for Ngatta. He had to get his brain scanned before deciding to play this season, that's a concern.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

an interesting tidbit

With Haloti Ngata (five games) in 2017, the Lions gave up an average of 74.6 rushing yards per game.

In the 11 games without him, they gave up 129.7 on the ground.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post

The old Howie drafted Marcus smith, the new Howie drafted Derek Barnett.

Like Kelce said, he came back a new, determined, better Howie.

Comment

Working...
                        X