Frieken Mole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frieken Mole

Over my lifetime I've probably killed 50 of the little bastards ruining my lawn. I've ran into some smart ones before but I've eventually got them. This bastard has friekin radar. I've trapped them, poisoned them and even have dug them up and hammered them. This bastard has had me going nuts for the last three weeks. He's goes up to my traps and turns around. He won't touch the poison worms. I've caught him tunneling and let him have it and missed with my shovel (but can't hit him very hard because of an awful bad back). I feel like Bill Murray. I think I at least scared the bastard away yesterday because I saw nothing new this morning. I'm buying a pitchfork today so I can get the bastard anyway if he shows up again. I need MM up here to blow the bastard off the planet.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 10-20-2016, 12:19 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

ÌLol. I know you meant Bill Murray. I am cracking up envisioning you going after a mole with a pitchfork!
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

60 I feel you. I have a badger issue right now and the little F'er is going to drive me nuts. But when I get him it ain't gonna be the .22; I might go 30.06 on him. Unfortunately that doesn't help the hide
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
          60 I feel you. I have a badger issue right now and the little F'er is going to drive me nuts. But when I get him it ain't gonna be the .22; I might go 30.06 on him. Unfortunately that doesn't help the hide
          You could get a dachshund. They're not afraid of anything. Just make sure you don't love the dog though.

Comment

I had the same issue this summer. Changed traps and that worked. I have also used something called Mole Exit. It is an all natural caster oil based product and it more or less chases them away. Still believe in kill traps, but with pets, I was concerned about poisons.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              I had the same issue this summer. Changed traps and that worked. I have also used something called Mole Exit. It is an all natural caster oil based product and it more or less chases them away. Still believe in kill traps, but with pets, I was concerned about poisons.
              I almost killed my dog a few years ago. That was the worst night of my life waiting to see if she'd make it through the night at the hospital but she did. I bury these worms in the tunnel and mark the places with big orange snowplow markers now when I use it. Usually I just bait the traps and get him in a couple of hours but this was one smart mole. I've seen nothing for 24 hours so he either died from a worm or I scared the shit out of him yesterday. Either one is fine with me. Bastard.

Comment

I don't know that I would put any dog up against a badger. I saw a guy shoot one three times with a 25.06 before it stopped. It was in a field at a distance but they are tough animals. Shooting them up close in a trap isn't bad but at a distance they don't go down easily
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  I don't know that I would put any dog up against a badger. I saw a guy shoot one three times with a 25.06 before it stopped. It was in a field at a distance but they are tough animals. Shooting them up close in a trap isn't bad but at a distance they don't go down easily
                  Actually dachshunds were bred to hunt them. That's why the have the short legs to go down holes. Their name is German for badger hound. I'd never be able to do that to a dog either. They are bred to get the badger or die doing it. Pretty sick huh?

Comment

OK, me and this little fucker are now at total war!! I rubbed down the trap with worms covering the entire surface after putting on latex gloves to cover my sent. I dropped 3 worms into this hole. He's got a gopher feast waiting for his last meal. If this doesn't work I'll spend the rest of the day waiting for him with a pitchfork. He's really got me pist off for real now!!!

Comment

"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

I may have to fly MM in.

Comment

now it's beyond rediculous

I'm going to the nuclear option. I just missed the bastard with my pitchfork. I just pulled my 22 short rifle out. I'm in a neighborhood but it shouldn't make too much noise. We're near the woods and people are hunting anyway. I'll stick the barrel right on the ground where I can't miss. Seeya gopher!

Comment

LMAO, this is epic stuff!

Hey Popper, have you thought about burning him out?! Perhaps some homemade napalm.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                              LMAO, this is epic stuff!

Hey Popper, have you thought about burning him out?! Perhaps some homemade napalm.
                              If I miss him with the 22 I'm going to get him with buckshot and pay the fuckin fine. I know most of the cops in town so maybe I'll skate. At this point who gives a shit?

Comment

Working...
                              X