Sam got a huge break last season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam got a huge break last season

I know that he was pissed off being traded to the Vikings last season but we really did him a big favor. There is no possible way that he could have put up the numbers with us that he did there with our receivers. He'll be in for another big pay day as a ligit NFL QB. Good for him.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Maybe Bridgewater will be the one to go?

It sounds to me like they are going with him.

Pat Shurmur: Full offseason will help Sam Bradford

Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur acknowledged that it was tough to make changes to the offense on the fly during the season after Norv Turner resigned. The Vikings' offensive terminology could revert to a West Coast-based language, in lieu of the Air Coryell verbiage Turner had used, but while the plays might have different names, they likely won't look all that different, Ben Goessling of ESPN.com reports.

One of the biggest reasons Shurmur believes the Vikings can improve, though, is the time his quarterback will have to work with his receivers after last fall's spur-of-the-moment union. Though Sam Bradford posted the best numbers of his career in 2016, setting an NFL single-season record for completion percentage, he had the league's shortest average target as the Vikings tried to make him comfortable behind a leaky offensive line. Bradford, who joined the Vikings on Sept. 3, will now have a full offseason to develop the kind of timing and compatibility with his receivers that he had to conjure up on the fly last season.

"When he comes back [for the Vikings' offseason program in April], him having the ability to sit down with the players he’s going to play with through the offseason, we’ll do things that fit his eye, that fit with what we do," Shurmur said. "We’ll be able to practice that more. When he came in this year, everything was running parallel and real fast. He had to get up to speed with what we were doing, he had to quickly learn the players he was playing with. That connection between the quarterback and the skill players is extremely important, and that chemistry is built really in the offseason, when you get the chance to slow it down and run the individual routes that are within the concept, so he gets a feel for their body language and vice versa. That’s where you’re hopeful that you’re going to see a big jump in efficiency in terms of the passing game.”

Comment

Clearly this was a win for us, and a win for Bradford. Not so sure about the Vikings. They had playoff expectations and missed on that.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

3 min left in the game . Down by 6 , who do you want Wentz or Sam?
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Do I get to play with any wide receivers?
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

The thread is just about what a good break it was for Sam, that's all. Right now I'm not sure which one that I'd want because neither one was that great in that situation although I didn't see Sam that much. A bigger question might be what ends up with Bridgewater? I thought that he was really developing into a good QB. Maybe the Vikes try to keep them both? The QB situation for a lot of teams is way up in the air including Denver of all teams. It sure will be interesting how all this QB stuff turns out this year.

Comment

I'm just glad that we are not still looking for one, Popper!
              http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                I'm just glad that we are not still looking for one, Popper!
                And after all that we only moved down two spots in this years' draft.

Next year we aren't scheduled to have a first rounder, but that why Howie gets paid the big bucks- to figure out a way to get us one.

Comment

Bidgewater isn't ready for prime time this year so I don't see any big fight for his services. Maybe by midyear of Sam's game goes to hell Teddy steps in. The Vikes fall last year wasn't on Sam IMO even though I believe he comes up small in big games. Their OL and D went to hell.
                  Sam had the best year of his career as far as completions went but his average was silly low. But I will blame much of that on play calling, the OL, and the receivers not making any yards after the catch noise. Some is on his check downs but he made the completions.
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                    And after all that we only moved down two spots in this years' draft.

Next year we aren't scheduled to have a first rounder, but that why Howie gets paid the big bucks- to figure out a way to get us one.
                    Why not? I think that we don't have a 2 in 18 but keep our 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                      I think you are correct 60.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        This is what I was looking for:

Eagles 2017 Draft Picks

1st - (from the Minnesota Vikings)
                        2nd
                        3rd
                        4th
                        4th - (from the Cleveland Browns)
                        5th
                        6th
                        7th

Eagles 2018 Draft Picks

1st
                        3rd
                        4th
                        4th - (from the Minnesota Vikings; can elevate to a 2nd or 3rd)
                        4th - (from the New England Patriots; can elevate to a 3rd)
                        5th
                        6th
                        7th

So, you were correct, we have both the 2017 and 2018 #1 picks.

Comment

I wish they had another 4th rd pick this year. I think there will be some good players to be had in that rd
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I don't think the birds have potential comp picks this year--anyone see that differently?
                            Agree mm, there should be a couple of players late at WR or CB that would be nice to get. I'd actually like to see them get into the late third. Maybe throw in a late pick with Kendricks in a trade or something.
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                              I don't think the birds have potential comp picks this year--anyone see that differently?
                              Agree mm, there should be a couple of players late at WR or CB that would be nice to get. I'd actually like to see them get into the late third. Maybe throw in a late pick with Kendricks in a trade or something.
                              I don't see anyway that we have picks. I don't even think that we lost anybody to FA and we brought in 10 FAs last season. We probably owe a 4th rounder lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X