Sidney Jones pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sidney Jones pick?

I'm not wild about it to tell you the truth. The kid can’t play this year and might not ever recover at all. Best case scenario is that he starts the 2018 season and learns. He won’t even be able to really contribute until 2019. I would think you could do a hell of a lot more with a 2nd round pick.
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%
    Last edited by Eagle60; 06-17-2017, 03:15 PM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

If he was drafted by the Pukes or Pat's, he'd fully recover by October and end being one of the 5 greatest of all time. But he's our pick. I'll let you know in 2019 how I feel about him.

Comment

I do like it -- but it could make CB a struggle again this year. If he is as good as advertised, I think he makes a significant impact in 2018. Ideally, he'd be able to play towards the end of this season, get his feet wet some, but I wouldn't count on anything significant this year. The Eagles may want to be sure that he plays in at most five games, in order to not let him accrue a year of service (since it's unlikely he'll play much more than that regardless). That in turn would make him an RFA once his rookie contract runs out.

Comment

I love the pick 60. He was considered to be the top 1 or 2 corners in the draft and was expected to be taken in the low teens of the first round. We got him in the 2nd due to injury. Injuries heal and we will reap the rewards for a decade. Is there risk? Sure. But the upside makes the risk well worth taking.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          I love the pick 60. He was considered to be the top 1 or 2 corners in the draft and was expected to be taken in the low teens of the first round. We got him in the 2nd due to injury. Injuries heal and we will reap the rewards for a decade. Is there risk? Sure. But the upside makes the risk well worth taking.
          I'd feel a lot better if he just broke his leg. ouch, it hurts just thinking about it!

Comment

May turn out to be a HoF guy but no I wasn't impressed with the pick. I said before the draft the things I didn't want to hear when Philly picked. One of those things was ... if he can recover from the injury he will be great. 5th or 6th round maybe but in round 1 and 2 you need to pick players ready to play IMO.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

First round pick, for a second round pick, I'm all in. If he is as good as advertised, we have a stud for 10 years.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                first round pick, for a second round pick, i'm all in. If he is as good as advertised, we have a stud for 10 years.
                yep!
                Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  First round pick, for a second round pick, I'm all in. If he is as good as advertised, we have a stud for 10 years.
                  I can think of only a handful of guys that we drafted that spent their whole career here in this age of FA, and other than Westbrook I don't think any of them were superstars.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    I can think of only a handful of guys that we drafted that spent their whole career here in this age of FA, and other than Westbrook I don't think any of them were superstars.
                    And that's a big part of the problem. They've drafted a lot of good players, but not a lot of great ones.

I look at the Jones pick this way. The Eagles got two legitimate first round talents in Barnett and Jones. No way does that happen if Jones is healthy. I'm sure they did due diligence on his medical condition. It is high risk, but it's also very high reward. We're just going to have to wait and see how it plays out, but I'm optimistic. It's really hard to get a first round DE and CB, unless you're some team like Cleveland that only wins 2 games or so every season. I'll take it. Just gotta pray Jones gets healthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X