• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 nba draft lottery

1 - MIN

2 - Lakers

3 - SIXERS

I obviously wanted 1 / 6 / 11 - but as someone said on twitter, the sixers promoting that is like the Eagles getting Mariotta..pipe dream

I would have liked 2 - so they could hold the Knicks ransom and get a huge haul

3 is fine - should get a PG

Comment

Anyone else disappointed they didn't get Russell. Okafor will probably work out because Embiid will probably not do anything for them. Too much negativity in my world
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I really wanted Russell. They did the right thing by going with the PBA but it still hurts. What is most concerning is that I feel Okafor is here because Embiid will not be able to play.

Comment

You're in the same place I am. They have had the picks to rework team (and they have them next year of I am not mistaken) but I just get the vibe that it isn't going to turn out the way they want. Oh well, maybe too much Phils negativity for me right now.
          I will say I think the Eagles and Flyers are on a better track right now.
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

They have potentially 4 first rounders next year. They have the ammunition to trade for an elite player and/or get assets due to their cap space. I'm fearful though that with the Embiid setback, we may tank for another year until the draft, Saric coming over and Embiid's status is more clear.

Comment

I've always thought you are as in touch with the Philly sports scene as anyone and provide a clean, uncluttered look at what is going on with whatever team you discuss. Unfortunately I chuckled and shook my head when I read your take about tanking another year. I can easily see that happening. One wonders why that continues to happen in Philly but many other towns have the same problems. We just don't see them as often
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Well NoDak - they are going for greatness. What's awful in the NBA is being the 8th seed continually in the playoffs. You really don't have a shot and you are mired in mediocrity. I'm on board with the tanking. It's just difficult to swallow. I thought they could make their push this year to start playing some meaningful basketball but with Embiid out for what seems like a prolonged time, Hinkie & Co are set back for what I think will be another season. That will be frustrating.

Comment

I certainly see your point; unfortunately I'm the guy who has a hard time understanding why it takes so long and why they can't get it right (not just with the sixers). Hopefully with the three bigs they can find the right combo and that the right combo won't be gone before next years first rounders have an impact.
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

Working...
                  X