Which was worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which was worse?

The way you feel now, or the way you felt when Cunningham blew out his knee in the first game the year we were going to win the superbowl?

I felt worse when Randall went down. There was a promise to that season and for him to go down game 1 was tough to swallow. Let's face it - we were 5-4 going into this game and knew it was an uphill struggle the rest of the way.

Comment

Feels worse now, even though I expected a dogfight all season, because I didn't expect the discipline to be this poor, didn't expect to see a big lack of effort. As for Randall, Kotite was coaching, so I never actually expected the team to win the SB that year, even with Bud Carson as the new DC.
      "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
      — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
      - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Gotta combine this feeling now with the feelings I am having about Andre.

Put in that perspective, this is worse.

From a pure team potential perpective, Cunningham's was much worse.
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
          I felt worse when Randall went down. There was a promise to that season and for him to go down game 1 was tough to swallow. Let's face it - we were 5-4 going into this game and knew it was an uphill struggle the rest of the way.
          This is exactly how I feel. After the 3 game losing streak I wasn't expecting very much.
          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

hmmm. I felt bad when Sonny Jurgensen got creamed in a meaningless runner up bowl game in Florida after the 1961 season. A blind side tackle as he pursued a Lions interceptor separated his shoulder and rendered him almost disabled throughout the following year. I was 15 years old. Now at my age I've come to expect these inexorable fates. Happens. I'm surprised anyone is standing by January. And as a link in the chain of events of this year...the Westbrook fumble against the Giants, 12 men on the field against New Orleans, the miracle FG by Tampa Bay...Jesus, yesterday's game had enough capricious moments to convince me once again that we tend to want to control something we can't. Fate. We cuss. We rant.
            We analyze. Call for firings. Savior draft picks. New schemes.

One thing we can't really control is who gets hurt and when. Football with the size and speed of the players has become human NASCAR.

Trouble is when I think of wounded and recovered QB's, like Marino for instance who wore knee braces in the later stages of his career, I feel McNabb's days are numbered, for his legs were so vital to his "real" not imagined game. LIke Cunningham before him, much of the
            offensive gems over the Reid/McNabb run were improvised. As a pure pocket passer he's average. Doesn't throw a two and three step pass well. Underthrows a lot. Overthrows some. Hammers some throws that need touch. But the man when healthy was spectacular...that's what's worrisome. He'll need to fully recover from this latest assault on his body. He can come back. Hopefully stubborn Andy will give him a running attack to keep him from crashing so much.

In each of the late season losses that so defines our psyches as fans over the past five years, McNabb has come out more battle worn than the other's guys quarterback. That's a sure sign of the losing team. Each of the team's that beat them had good running attacks. The Pats had both.

Lessons learned?
            Sonny J

Comment

Worse then.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Randall. I still curse the name Bryce Paup.

Comment

Even though I believe Donnie is a much better QB, my preseason hopes for this team have already been drastically tempered. Randall had the backing of a sensational D to support him that's why I was so high on them. By the time we lost Donnie yesterday I and the whole world knew our current D are nothing but pretenders, wannabees and hasbeens. No comparison. It hurt worse then.

Comment

Put it this way - we lose Randal yesterday, our D would have destroyed the Titans.
                    "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by fanofthegame76
                      Put it this way - we lose Randal yesterday, our D would have destroyed the Titans.
                      Yup.

Comment

I felt worse when Randall got hurt, too...that is the one thing that really makes this palatable...

the issue now is not what happens this year, but that it affects next year.

Comment

I think I have to go with Randall just because I was younger and put more of my emotional state into the Eagles than perhaps I do now.

But for real, between DMac's knee, Dirty Waters death & Randall getting outright snubbed for the Hall of Fame ballot I really can't remember a crappier 24 hour period of being an Eagle fan. Aside from the losses in the '04 Bowl & the 3 previous NFCC games, that is.

Comment

Exactly, EFD. taken as a whole, this is worse.

And my goodness, can you imagine what Reggie, Seth and CO would have done to vince Young? After, of course, Eric Allen picked off two of his passes for TDs.
                            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Man how cool was it when Eric Allen tossed Randall, on cruches no less, that football after running that pick back? That's one of my favorite memories of all time. I saw Randall at the Bowl in '04 and I told him that if he hadn't gotten hurt in '91 we'd be going for our 2nd Super Bowl win that year. I truly believe that.

Comment

Working...
                              X