OT: Comcast DVR box question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Comcast DVR box question

Hey just got a DVR BOX it's only output is either S-Video or Composite analog a/v cables. The only problems is the TV that it's hooked up is a little older and only has one set of imputs on it and I also have my PS2 hooked up to that TV. But luckily there are inputs on the back of the cable box. My question is what do I have to set on the box to make the game show up? With the old setup I would just set my TV to video/aux mode, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to set the cable box to "video/aux" mode.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Have you tried calling Comcast? They should be able to talk you thru it.

I have the Dual Tuner DVR/HDTV box from Comcast, but I have a ton of inputs on the back of my TV so I've never had to run anything thru the DVR Box.

Comment

leif - buy a new TV!

Kidding.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle D
        Have you tried calling Comcast? They should be able to talk you thru it.

I have the Dual Tuner DVR/HDTV box from Comcast, but I have a ton of inputs on the back of my TV so I've never had to run anything thru the DVR Box.
        They've been out the past two days and I've been on the phone with them like 4 times (about other stuff). I just don't have the energy to talk to another tech support person. Especially when most of them are idiots.

Comment

Actually I was about to tackle a similar problem myself. My goal is to have replay for Tecmo Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
            Actually I was about to tackle a similar problem myself. My goal is to have replay for Tecmo Super Bowl.
            hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
              leif - buy a new TV!

Kidding.
              Soon.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
                Originally posted by IMK
                hahaha
                I'm not kidding - I would play $50 for a TSB game with a replay option. But it occurred to me the other day that I might be able to use the DVR's rewind-live-tv feature for that purpose. I can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Btw, just called Comcast and the bitch told me to go to a circuit city. It's Craptastic

So, I just emailed motorola, hopefully they can help me.

Comment

that being said, i went into circuit city one time with a list of my devices (tv, dvd player, dvr box, separate surround sound) and said 'what do i do?' and they pretty much drew for me what connects to where
                    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
                      that being said, i went into circuit city one time with a list of my devices (tv, dvd player, dvr box, separate surround sound) and said 'what do i do?' and they pretty much drew for me what connects to where
                      I'm pretty good with electronics stuff and I'm about 95% sure I have it hooked up correctly. But you know that button on your TV to switch to video/aux mode, for the life of me I can't find that equivalent button on my cable box.

Not mention if I'm paying $160+/monthly for my cable service they should fucking be able to troubleshoot a simple thing like setting my cable box to aux mode.

Comment

According to Motorola, about 1/2 of the hardware on those boxes (including the AV inputs) isnt enabled yet. I would LOVE to have the usb & ethernet ports work, so I could hack the box, but, alas...
                        What they're proably trying to tell you, in their incoherent Comcast fashion, is to get an A/B box for your AV cables (I think its $25 at Radio Shack).

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk
                          According to Motorola, about 1/2 of the hardware on those boxes (including the AV inputs) isnt enabled yet. I would LOVE to have the usb & ethernet ports work, so I could hack the box, but, alas...
                          What they're proably trying to tell you, in their incoherent Comcast fashion, is to get an A/B box for your AV cables (I think its $25 at Radio Shack).
                          wtf is the point of putting all that shit in if it doesn't work?

Comment

With the way Comcast works, those ports can most likely only be turned on by their special software....
                            "Why certainly, Mr Leifdawg, we can transfer all your DVR recordings to your new DVR box; its a one-time fee of $99.95"

Comment

Originally posted by FearTheDawk
                              yeah that's what they told me, i wanted to take something from my dvr and put it on my computer (me my friend and my wife were on wwe smackdown when they showed the crowd, chanting 'you suck' to JBL last march)

and all the research i saw was that those are just there for 'future uses' but aren't in use yet -- although i hear the firewire is enabled?
                              Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Working...
                              X