Upon further review the O line played much better than I said they did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upon further review the O line played much better than I said they did

After re watching and rewinding the first quarter again I'm going to come right out and say I was way off on the O line play yesterday. I didn't see Kelce get beat one time the whole quarter. The play that made the whole O line look bad was the up the middle blitz that he decided to pull and block a CB who was rushing. If someone is to blame on that play it could be Wentz for not getting out of the play, but more likely it was just a bad decision by Kelce. Miami sent the house and Wentz at least should have thrown it away.

The play on the bootleg that was a mess and might have been Smallwood's fault for not picking up the blitzer but more likely the play was designed for the OLB to bite on the fake and go unblocked.

As it turns out the O line played pretty darned good that first period and they were pulled for the second. I'll say this though, they have handled the up the middle blitzes horribly for the first 3 games and that was their problem last year too. That simply must be fixed!

The effort on the goal line defense was absolutely unacceptable other than the defensive line. It was like everybody else made business decisions.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Fran Duffy breaks this down very nicely as usual

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...5-665282611bdf
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

As I said the other day; they didn't look all world. Okay but certainly not top of the NFL
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Working...
      X