So now it's time to reload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now it's time to reload

Does anybody have a revised guess as to who we might take tonight? Personally I think that the O line is pretty deep with Dillard on board. There was a lot of talk about wrs flying off the board early this round after the draft was over last night.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

I wonder if Mailata year 2 doesn’t involve learning G or C
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Right now looking at their depth chart its going to be interesting as I don't see a real need anywhere. I think they could really go anywhere on this roster. Say Cody Ford falls to 53 (won't happen) but they could take him because he is better than Issac. But reality I think they look at two or three areas.

Safety - Malcom is getting older - need is not a starter this year but eventual
      Wide Receiver - Nelson most likely gone next year.
      Defensive End - Long won't be back, Vinny is on a 1 year deal. Brandon is getting older (despite his new deal)

Linebacker is a maybe, same with Running Back. They like to address those areas on the cheap and essentially have done that with Howard , Forte and bringing back Worilow.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think we definitely go CB or S with one of the 2nd round picks, because there are 12 of them left graded 80 or better.

I hope they don't draft any of the remaining LB's. None of them appear to be more than a 7th round pick (which we don't have). But, someone will draft them out of need.

The only running back that I want is Devin Singletary with the 5th round pick.

I think they go CB, WR and RB with 3 of the 4 remaining picks. If Windrich somehow slips to them in the 2nd, they have to take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
          I think we definitely go CB or S with one of the 2nd round picks, because there are 12 of them left graded 80 or better.

I hope they don't draft any of the remaining LB's. None of them appear to be more than a 7th round pick (which we don't have). But, someone will draft them out of need.

The only running back that I want is Devin Singletary with the 5th round pick.

I think they go CB, WR and RB with 3 of the 4 remaining picks. If Windrich somehow slips to them in the 2nd, they have to take him.
          No love for Mack Wilson? I think the kid is a stud but after that you are right nothing there.

At this point unless Sanders is there in round 2 I would rather go with what we have. Honestly, Singletary is no better than Clement, Littlewood or Adams.
          Lets see how things work out with Howard who is only 24 if he plays well just resign him, RB position solved.

Interesting you mention Winovich as he reminds me of Chris Long. There are some really good Defensive ends still on the board.
          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
            No love for Mack Wilson? I think the kid is a stud but after that you are right nothing there.

At this point unless Sanders is there in round 2 I would rather go with what we have. Honestly, Singletary is no better than Clement, Littlewood or Adams.
            Lets see how things work out with Howard who is only 24 if he plays well just resign him, RB position solved.

Interesting you mention Winovich as he reminds me of Chris Long. There are some really good Defensive ends still on the board.
            Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit with the statement of not taking a LB before the 7th. But, I would not take one of the remaining LB's earlier than 4th. Of the remaining LB's, I agree on Wilson. Someone will grab him earlier out of need.

I also agree about giving Howard a chance, which is why I really don't want to see a RB picked with the 2nd (don't really like PSU's Sanders). But, I am a Singletary fan and just think the kid has something special when it comes to sniffing out the end zone and first downs.

Comment

Unless the software dictates that we need a position down the road I see no reason why we should do anything other than BPA. We should be able to land 2 really good ball players tonight and honestly how many players do we really need to make the team this year? I can't see us blowing up the roster. I just hope the heck we don't trade down for some value guy. Luri said that he wants difference makers so let's draft a couple of them. It's no secret that I want Henderson but I'll trust Joe to pick the best guys.

Comment

I still want speed on D and O. Safety, HB, WR have speed options

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                  I still want speed on D and O. Safety, HB, WR have speed options
                  I'll contradict myself and say rb and safety tonight. I you want speed Dawk you want Henderson!

Comment

If it's speed in round 2 it would be guys like Metcalf WR, Winovich DE, Thornhill S, Cashman LB

Sanders HB

Might be too early for guys like Henderson, Justice Hill

Comment

Or Isabella

Comment

G/C Eric McCoy still there if we want to continue to build the OLine

Comment

Scratch McCoy

Comment

Just lost McCoy and that stud safety from Utah.

Comment

Add Dremont Jones DT to the list of possible targets

Comment

Working...
                              X