Hey IanB,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey IanB,

What's going on with the Marlins? Seems like they're looking to unload the farm (Burnett, Lowell, Pierre, Encarnacion are all being mentioned in trade rumors). I understand trying to unload Lowell's huge contract, but isn't it a little early to give up on this season?

They should be buying, not selling, if you ask me.
    I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Speaking of which. Where are the power rankings this week?

I'll have to send him a PM.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Comment

Re: Hey IanB,

Originally posted by trufresh17
      They should be buying, not selling, if you ask me.
      That's what I'm thinking too, it seems ridiculous to break up a team this talented. If I ran the Marlins, I'd want to get one more piece to help motivate a team that has - to this point - been underacheiving.

Comment

IanB, I liked your latest Power Rankings, but how could you not mention Zach Duke? He's the best thing the Pirates have going right now.

How long until he ends up in St. Louis?

Comment

IanB, I liked your latest Power Rankings, but how could you not mention Zach Duke? He's the best thing the Pirates have going right now.

How long until he ends up in St. Louis?
          I mentioned him last week...I think I said we wouldn't get swept against Atlanta because of "future Cy Young winner Zach Duke"

I'm anxiously awaiting the Chris Duffy + Zach Duke for prospects deal in a couple years.

Comment

At what point in the season do the Pirates decide they're once again sellers? I'm guessing it's sometime after split-squad scrimmages get underway in the Grapefruit league.

Comment

At what point in the season do the Pirates decide they're once again sellers? I'm guessing it's sometime after split-squad scrimmages get underway in the Grapefruit league.
              Yeah, I hate our ownership with a passion. They make money every year, yet never spend any more on salary (anyone we do sign is just so we can trade them at the deadline like Lawton). It's sad, I think Pittsburgh could be a pretty good baseball town, but not with the current ownership. Or maybe they'll prove me wrong and keep everyone, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Comment

Yeah, I don't get it. They've seen so much talent run through there over the years.

Comment

Working...
                X