Trade Deadline - Sixers Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Deadline - Sixers Edition

Starting to look like Okafor will get moved after all, and looks like Detroit is taking offers for Kantavious Caldwell Pope. What if 1) we move Okafor to Sac-Town for Willie Cayley-Stein and 2) then move Noel, perhaps in a 3-way, for KCP. We get a 3-and-D SG and a backup center with team control and relieve the logjam at center. Can Brett Brown do for WCS's offensive game what he has done for NN'd? If nothing else, we would have the all-hyphenated team. Crazy, but so was the trade of DeMarcus Cousins.
    Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
    Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

One of these days they'll put it all together. They're NEVER on tv up here. Now they make you pay for everything and it sucks. Then again I'm probably better off.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Yeah, it's frustrating as heck. I can only catch games here and there,sometimes pull them from online. And listen to Internet radio. But they are on the come, and shoild get more coverage soon. I just want to see what it looks like when you get Embiid and Simmons on the floor together.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

This franchise just can't seem to get it right or catch a break.

-Noel misses his first year and is a disappointment.
        -Embiid misses his first 2 years, but looks like a stud IF he can stay healthy.
        -They have to wait 2 years for Saric and I don't know what to think about him.
        -Okafor has been disappointing overall.
        -Simmons has yet to play.

I expected more from the #6, #3, #12, #3 and #1 slots in the first round.

And, they will probably not get the Lakers pick this year, because the lakers seem to be in tank mode and it is top 3 protected. You watch, the Lakers will draft a stud this year and next year the pick won't be worth much.

The Sixers may be one of the most bumbling franchises in all of sports. So many huge mistakes since their last title (Jeff Ruland trade, trading Barkley, drafting Shawn Bradley, Andrew Bynum). Good God what a bunch of horrid moves.

Comment

I watch them often, Saric can play, since Joel went out he is aggressive and has taken over some quarters . I just hope they keep McConnell around, he is what makes them go. I would like to see Simmons, Saric, Joel and Noel on the court with McConnell. They would be both fast and big. If they can hit on another guy or 2, they will be further along than most think possible. The truly seem to like each other a lot. Can't wait to see what they draft. I hope they don't go crazy in free agency, if they can stay with the young guys, they might be able to keep this thing together longer
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
            This franchise just can't seem to get it right or catch a break.

-Noel misses his first year and is a disappointment.
            -Embiid misses his first 2 years, but looks like a stud IF he can stay healthy.
            -They have to wait 2 years for Saric and I don't know what to think about him.
            -Okafor has been disappointing overall.
            -Simmons has yet to play.

I expected more from the #6, #3, #12, #3 and #1 slots in the first round.

And, they will probably not get the Lakers pick this year, because the lakers seem to be in tank mode and it is top 3 protected. You watch, the Lakers will draft a stud this year and next year the pick won't be worth much.

The Sixers may be one of the most bumbling franchises in all of sports. So many huge mistakes since their last title (Jeff Ruland trade, trading Barkley, drafting Shawn Bradley, Andrew Bynum). Good God what a bunch of horrid moves.
            I hate to say it but this is how I feel. Read an article this week on the future picks they have. Things look rosey but hell they have had good picks and I am not sure they have done well with them. All the picks you mention are guys who could be good but ...... it ain't happening. Maybe they are just a year away but maybe two years or three years or never.
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

frustrating being a fan of all Philly sports sometimes. The Phils have lost more games than any other team. The Sixers always seem to be looking up from the bottom. The Flyers struggle to get any real traction. The birds have had many years of futility among the good years.
              They all LOOK to be ready to sit atop their sport but the old Del Valley gut feel nags at me. The Phils seem to have established a good minor league system with guys ready to rock. The Sixers have had high picks and still have more coming. They could be great. Hextall and Hakstol have a good young nucleus and might be just a year or two away. The birds look to have a franchise QB.
              I'm ready for it to come together but I just have that old Del Valley nag in me.
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                frustrating being a fan of all Philly sports sometimes. The Phils have lost more games than any other team. The Sixers always seem to be looking up from the bottom. The Flyers struggle to get any real traction. The birds have had many years of futility among the good years.
                They all LOOK to be ready to sit atop their sport but the old Del Valley gut feel nags at me. The Phils seem to have established a good minor league system with guys ready to rock. The Sixers have had high picks and still have more coming. They could be great. Hextall and Hakstol have a good young nucleus and might be just a year or two away. The birds look to have a franchise QB.
                I'm ready for it to come together but I just have that old Del Valley nag in me.
                This is why all those "best sports towns" and "best fans" lists are full of crap. It takes a true, devoted, committed, reliable, maybe even masochistic human being to remain a loyal Phan to these teams.

Noone's beating the Pats while B&B are still there.
                Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs will be at the top for the next three years min.
                It takes three or four MLB drafts to get good, but I'm not sold on the GM so my hope is tempered there.
                NHL is not my strong sport but its going to take two more years in Hakstol's system to be ready.......and we need a Stanley Cup winning ready goalie- I don't think we have that yet.

Two to three years away with all teams from truly competing for a World Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                  This is why all those "best sports towns" and "best fans" lists are full of crap. It takes a true, devoted, committed, reliable, maybe even masochistic human being to remain a loyal Phan to these teams.

Noone's beating the Pats while B&B are still there.
                  Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs will be at the top for the next three years min.
                  It takes three or four MLB drafts to get good, but I'm not sold on the GM so my hope is tempered there.
                  NHL is not my strong sport but its going to take two more years in Hakstol's system to be ready.......and we need a Stanley Cup winning ready goalie- I don't think we have that yet.

Two to three years away with all teams from truly competing for a World Championship.
                  I was at a Phantoms game at Hershey a couple weeks ago. They have talent coming !!!! Stolars was out and the next in line was in net(can't remember the name), but he looked so smooth. It was like the Bears weren't even a challenge.
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                    I was at a Phantoms game at Hershey a couple weeks ago. They have talent coming !!!! Stolars was out and the next in line was in net(can't remember the name), but he looked so smooth. It was like the Bears weren't even a challenge.
                    Thanks for the info!!

I have faith in Hextal. He built the Kings to two cups and he's building the Flyers the same way through the draft and farm system first and then strategic veteran FA's.

Comment

Sixers look forward to results of Ben Simmons' CT scan Thursday
                      By Jessica Camerato | CSNPhilly.com February 22, 2017 4:55 PM

Facebook

Google

Twitter

Email

Leave a comment

CAMDEN, N.J. — Thursday is significant for the Sixers beyond the trade deadline. It is also the day of Ben Simmons' CT scan to evaluate how his right foot is healing.
                      "I feel like tomorrow at some point we're all going to be able to lay out a more genuine plan for him," Brett Brown said Wednesday. "I feel like we're going to be good to go with some greater news and a more advanced detail of his plans after this scan."
                      Once all parties involved assess the results, the team will provide an update, which may not be Thursday. Simmons has been sidelined all season after suffering a Jones fracture during the final scrimmage of training camp.
                      On Wednesday, he went through his individual workout plan, which included five-on-none scripting with teammates.
                      "He's still getting a feel for all of us," Nerlens Noel said. "He's learning to throw it up to me, bounce pass to whoever. It's learning certain tendencies that'll make you start to feel more a part of the team."
                      The Sixers have not placed a timetable on Simmons' return. The first overall pick has not been cleared for full contact five-on-five practice, the next step in his recovery. Prior to the All-Star break, Brown said he expects Simmons will play at some point this season. He stands by that projection with 26 games remaining.
                      "I personally would like to see him play this season. I don't backpedal from that," Brown said. "I think my comments are really very much influenced by his reciprocal desire to play this year, which we all respect. Everybody's got clandestine conspiracy theories on why he might not want to play. I know in my heart and speaking to him, he wants to get on a court and play basketball again.
                      "I hope he can do that, too. If for some reason he can't, we'll deal with it. But I think it would help him to play NBA basketball and get his competitive juices going again if the doctors point us in that direction."
                      Simmons' teammates are ready to welcome him into the mix when he is given the green light. Their limited glimpses into his talent have them eager for his debut.
                      "Unlimited potential," Noel said. "I think with Ben, the thing that makes him so special is his IQ for the game, a sixth sense on the court. Him being able to find little things that not very many 6-10 guys can find. I think that's going to propel his game and make him a special player in this league."
                      Added Joel Embiid: "I'm excited ... I thought he was our best player in training camp."

Comment

I have a new respect for you MM. I just looked at their record and it sure ain't pretty. You have to be a real diehard to watch NBA regular season basketball when you're team is good for the most part, never mind horrible.

Comment

60, when they have Joel, they can beat anyone on any given night. Okafor can't/won't play ANY defense. They are totally different with him in the game. They score less and give up more. They are on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                            60, when they have Joel, they can beat anyone on any given night. Okafor can't/won't play ANY defense. They are totally different with him in the game. They score less and give up more. They are on the rise.
                            I don't doubt that they are. For me a regular season NBA game is tough to watch unless it's a real big one. The only sport that I'll watch this time of year are the NCCA league championships and then March Madness. A bunch of us pitch in and get a good Vegas tout and I fire away. We've done it for 3 years now and have won big dough each year.

Comment

If they can keep Embiid and Simmons healthy they will a good team to watch. We are Philly sports fans. We are use to bad management, bad teams, bad trades in all four major sports. We suffer through it. But each of those teams will have a period of good to great. Hopefully we are on the cusp of that across all four sports!

Comment

Working...
                              X