Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Random Thread (when you just don't feel like starting a thread)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selling enough so mine is free. My ol' buddy who taught me all the skills is retiring from his catering business and took me to his butcher. He told them I am taking over his business and now I get wholesale prices on meat.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Originally posted by musicman View Post
      selling enough so mine is free. My ol' buddy who taught me all the skills is retiring from his catering business and took me to his butcher. He told them I am taking over his business and now I get wholesale prices on meat.
      I wonder if I can buy some and have it shipped?
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Let me check out the shipping and see how to best do it. This batch turned out really well, been running every 4 hrs to my buddies smokehouse. Last trip in a few minutes and back at 6 am.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Let me check out the shipping and see how to best do it. This batch turned out really well, been running every 4 hrs to my buddies smokehouse. Last trip in a few minutes and back at 6 am.
          Whoa, that's a heck of a lot of smokin!

Comment

• On behalf of the family of Michael Willey, aka Fresh, it is with great sadness that we inform you that Mike passed away late Wednesday evening. He had a very good day and a favorite meal with his beloved wife. His passing took place very quickly and painlessly in his home, with his wife by his side.

I'm sure that you will all agree that the world has lost a man with great integrity, a sharp wit, an iron will and a golden heart. We were certainly blessed that God let us have him for the past 5 years and 8 months. Mike's battle was fierce and courageous, but his body grew too tired.

I am encouraged to know that he will be watching over us all!

Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers.
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• I have only known Mike through the EFO site for the last 15 years or so. I wondered why we hadn't heard from him since his Stromboli post. Your family will certainly be in our prayers. I will miss an Eagle brethren
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

• We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

• Philadelphia, PA 4:55 PM
                  Major news filed to ESPN this afternoon is shaking up the entire draft as the Cleveland Browns TRADED away their #1 draft pick slot to the Pittsburgh Steelers. What could be so enticing to that you ask? who could have been offered up?
                  "We traded them Jesus Christ" Coach Mike Tomlin Said. "Cause the only thing saving that franchise is a damn miracle!" He wen't on.
                  Jesus H. Christ has not played any formal football but is rumored to have great footwork as he was once seen walking on water.

found this amusing

Comment

Philadelphia, PA 4:55 PM
                    Major news filed to ESPN this afternoon is shaking up the entire draft as the Cleveland Browns TRADED away their #1 draft pick slot to the Pittsburgh Steelers. What could be so enticing to that you ask? who could have been offered up?
                    "We traded them Jesus Christ" Coach Mike Tomlin Said. "Cause the only thing saving that franchise is a damn miracle!" He wen't on.
                    Jesus H. Christ has not played any formal football but is rumored to have great footwork as he was once seen walking on water.

found this amusing
                    That had to come from a frustrated Cleveland sportswriter who has just had enough. The poor bastard's next job will probably be Philly.

Comment

• What an asshole!

Comment

• No police in that town?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          No police in that town?
                          That "is" the Chief's truck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            That "is" the Chief's truck!!

Good one MD!

Comment

• This company is taking "Human Resources" a little too literally....

Bikini hiring contest for nuclear plant interns gets toxic reaction

By Nancy Coleman, CNN
                              Updated 1:27 PM ET, Mon June 26, 2017

CEZ's Temelin nuclear power plant came under fire for using a swimsuit contest as a way to hire interns.

(CNN)It's normal to expect a certain level of scrutiny when a company wants to hire an intern. That scrutiny is not usually based on swimwear.

A Czech nuclear power station seemed to focus more on looks than qualifications when they used a swimsuit contest -- yes, swimsuit contest -- to hire interns.
                              CEZ's Temelín station posted photos of 10 high school graduates posing in bikinis and hard hats on its Facebook page last week. According to the post, the woman with the greatest number of likes was supposed to be crowned "Miss Energy 2017" and score a two-week internship with the company.
                              "We think photographs are very tasteful," the company wrote in a comment on the post. "The combination of beauty and the industrial environment gives an interesting result."
                              Shockingly, people were not thrilled.
                              "You find the number of likes under half-naked picture of a young lady as adequate and/or tasteful criterion for a career opportunity that is promoted as 'professional?'" one Facebook user commented.
                              The plant, which is listed on CEZ's website as the largest power resource in the Czech Republic, apologized two days later on Facebook. The company wrote that all 10 women would be offered internships.
                              "The purpose of the competition was to promote technical education," the post read. "But if the original vision raised doubts or concerns, we are very sorry."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/26/world/...rnd/index.html
                              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Not on facebook so I didn't see photos but, as a general rule, I'm not sure why that would be a bad hiring process. Of course I was fired from three HR jobs
                                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                                Hope is not a strategy
                                RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X