It's simply out of control up here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's simply out of control up here

If you even mention Trump's name you can't believe what comes out of people's mouths. Not only is it the usual stuff that you hear but then they contradict themselves but that's OK. The Russians got him elected in one sentence and in the next he's going to war with them and the world is going to end. There is no exaggeration here. And I'm not talking about starting a conversation, I'm just talking about if the word is mentioned in some kind of joke. It's amazing.

I have another friend who I told that the biggest fallacy in this state is that people don't like welfare who are on it. Of course he started shouting at me for 10 minutes and then wouldn't look at me for about the next 10 minutes until I broke the ice with him over a couple of beers. On Sunday in our Sunday paper they posted what people in this state receive on welfare and you wonder why they don't work. Ready?

A single person on welfare makes $1960 per month. Every time she spreads her flippers she gets a $700 raise. The more she pops out the more she gets paid. You do the math. Send out 5 and you're up to $5,500 a month. But people don't like welfare. Mind boggling. And I didn't even mention free Mass. Health that is the best insurance on the planet.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Hey big guy--- it's not just up there. The far left is seemingly getting more violent as the more frustrated they get.

Welfare, as a concept was a great human gesture--- but like most things --- when you let BIG government get involved, two things happen.... they f' it up and people will find a way to take advantage of the good natured people to line their own pockets.

Goes for both the rich and the poor. While the working class everyday joes end up supporting both classes.

Comment

I'm pretty sure my son told me the max you can get in NJ is $700 a week. Now I could be wrong on that and don't want anyone moving there to collect based on what I heard but that is insane. $15 an hour for 40 hours is only $600. Why work? I fully believe you have to have a safety net for people but I also fully believe that you can't have lifetime benefits.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I have young friends with families that don't make that much money working their asses off. This state friekin sucks. I'm just disgusted with this whole mess.

I have a solution to this crap but it will never be done. There is so much work to do that doesn't get done around cities and towns it's ridiculous. How many of us did horse crap jobs while we were young to get ahead and were glad to have them? I used to crawl around tobacco fields suckering plants for 85 cents an hour during the summer. How many of us got jobs just cleaning and painting?

I say put these people to work cleaning our cities. There's no reason why they can't sweep sidewalks, scrub curves, clean trashy lots and paint or mow lawns in city areas for 20 hours a week. If you want to pop out another kid that's another 5 hours per week etc. Then you would see the flippers getting a little stickier. But what about the children they cry!! Very simple. The people who don't clean streets can work in the daycare. Simple isn't it? Try to get that passed.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Oh, there are many many workable solutions that would free up billions maybe even trillions.......... Problem is that the American people and therefore the Politicians are way past "snowflake " on the PC'ness scale. They don't have the guts to do what is right for the country....... They worry soooooooo much about the pushback that nothing will ever be done till we get people that have some guts to represent ALL of us in the best way possible rather than worry about the "minority" (not implying race here, just small numbers). Right now IMM, this country no longer does what is best for most of the citizens, but rather making so sure that some very small groups decide the direction the majority of us need to follow and live with.

Comment

Working...
          X