Jerry Porter anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
    you have to remember that salary makes the deal a little lighter as we'd be taking on a major contract.
    Would we really be taking on that much of a financial burden though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we we traded for him we wouldn't have to worry about his prorated bonus and could theoretically cut him at any time without any cap ramifications.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I'm in the YES column big time--------- I'm also in the "I'll believe it when I see it" column even bigger!

His tude can't even come close to the level of TO-- but it's also the main reason I don't see the Eagles going after him.

The 7 teams going after him are more than likely the agents wish list that he had leaked out to hype movement.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
        you have to remember that salary makes the deal a little lighter as we'd be taking on a major contract.
        Would we really be taking on that much of a financial burden though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we we traded for him we wouldn't have to worry about his prorated bonus and could theoretically cut him at any time without any cap ramifications.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

The hangover's too great from last time. I don't see it happening.
          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

What a nice offense that would be:

WR's: Brown/Porter/Jaffney/Stinkston
            RB: Westy/Moats
            TE: LJ/Schoebel

Comment

It would certainly be a heck of an upgrade. At first glance, it sure seems like a no brainer, but upon reading that article on his antics in Oaktown, complete with the faux gold and diamond encrusted championship belt (I think he got that from FredEx at a yard sale) he's not coming here. No way, no how.

Comment

Wednesday, July 26, 2006
                Report: Raiders' Porter says he wants to be traded

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ESPN.com news services

Jerry Porter reportedly isn't on board with new Raiders coach Art Shell.

Jerry Porter
                Wide Receiver
                Oakland Raiders

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
                Rec Yds TD Avg Long YAC
                76 942 5 12.4 49 225

The wide receiver told The San Francisco Chronicle that he has asked the team to trade him.

"Yes. Absolutely. I've told them that," Porter told the newspaper. The 2000 second round pick has caught 239 passes in his six NFL seasons for 3,215 yards and has scored 24 touchdowns.

Porter told the newspaper that his agent told him that the Raiders have asked for two No. 1 picks in return for him in any deal. "Why ... would you ask for a No. 1 for me, or ask for two No. 1s for me, when I wasn't even a No. 1?," he told the newspaper.

Porter told the newspaper he had a run-in with Shell and receivers coach Fred Biletnikoff shortly after Shell was hired when he told them he wanted to work out in Florida instead of participating in the team's offseason conditioning program.

"Ever since then, [Shell] hasn't said anything to me, I haven't said anything to him," Porter told the Chronicle.

Shell didn't dispute Porter's version of events and emphasized to the newspaper that he is trying to change the culture of the Raiders, who are 13-35 the past three seasons.

"The culture is changing," Shell told the Chronicle, "and everybody has been on board and trying to get involved in the process of winning football games, and getting in here, working. You can't have inmates running the asylum.

"That's not gonna be. Not under me, and 99.9 percent of the players here feel that way. They want direction. We're going to give them direction. And I'm not going to back down off of that.

"A couple of the inmates have been trying to run the doggone culture around here. They've been running the program. And that's not gonna be anymore. I'm the head coach. I'm the guy in charge."

Shell, who coached the Raiders previously from 1989-1994, had a 54-38 regular-season record his first time around, leading the Raiders to the AFC Championship Game following the 1990 season. The team has had only three winning seasons since Shell was fired -- one less than he had in five full seasons as coach.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

*** According to this they want 2 - #1's in return. My earlier offer would stand.

Comment

hmm two number 1's...

can we give them freddie mitchell and mike mamula?
                  Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Two first rounders.....

That's more than they gave up for Moss.....wtf is Al Davis Smoking
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I vant two numver vone picks!!

Comment

Have you noticed that everytime there is a trade rumor, it's always the same teams....Eagles, Patriots, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X