Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's what that guy on that board said about the draft.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More and more I think they're going to go CB early. With Sheldon leaving and hearing about how Asante isn't really buying into what the Eagles want to do on D...I wouldn't be surprised if they go CB twice in the first 3 rounds.

Hopefully this Tebow thing is just a way to force some other team to trade up and have someone else slide on down to the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
      More and more I think they're going to go CB early. With Sheldon leaving and hearing about how Asante isn't really buying into what the Eagles want to do on D...I wouldn't be surprised if they go CB twice in the first 3 rounds.

Hopefully this Tebow thing is just a way to force some other team to trade up and have someone else slide on down to the Eagles.
      Two years down the road Asante Samuel is going to be 31, the same age Sheldon Brown is now. Having a second round pick ready to take over for him wouldn't be a bad idea. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what the Eagles have done multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK View Post
        Two years down the road Asante Samuel is going to be 31, the same age Sheldon Brown is now. Having a second round pick ready to take over for him wouldn't be a bad idea. In fact, it's pretty much exactly what the Eagles have done multiple times.
        and in actuality, this 2nd round pick could take over on the opposite side THIS SEASON!

Comment

Hobbs is slated as the current starting CB. He's coming off neck surgery in which he had a piece of cadaver bone placed in his spine, is the KOR, and was only average anyway at a high priority position.

Unless there's an off chance the Eagles think they might have a trade lined up, they are drafting a starting corner, which likely means one of the 1st two picks. I agree with fly there's a decent chance they go CB twice in the first 3 rounds, and DB 3 times. Hopefully they have the same success as 2002 there.

Comment

As I've said, I like either CB's Wilson or McCourty at #24 to be starting next year. I saw enough of Hobbs to know that he's a nickle CB at best.
            I'm also hearing that CB Kareem Jackson ('Bama) is flying up the charts and could also be the #55 target. Throw in S Nate Allen at #37 and we're in great shape. IMO two CB's will be taken with the first 5 picks along with DE or OL. Not sure where LB's are gonna fit in this draft.
            Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by j-bird View Post
              As I've said, I like either CB's Wilson or McCourty at #24 to be starting next year. I saw enough of Hobbs to know that he's a nickle CB at best.
              I'm also hearing that CB Kareem Jackson ('Bama) is flying up the charts and could also be the #55 target. Throw in S Nate Allen at #37 and we're in great shape. IMO two CB's will be taken with the first 5 picks along with DE or OL. Not sure where LB's are gonna fit in this draft.

I can see the Eagles filling the LB hole with a player acquired in a draft day trade. We don't have WW anymore so even with Bradley back we're still going to need help here. I really don't want to see them wait to improve this area until the later rounds.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                I can see the Eagles filling the LB hole with a player acquired in a draft day trade. We don't have WW anymore so even with Bradley back we're still going to need help here. I really don't want to see them wait to improve this area until the later rounds.

I think they still have interest in Derrick Johnson of the Cheifs who lost his starting job last year and is out of place in their new 3-4 scheme.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                  I think they still have interest in Derrick Johnson of the Cheifs who lost his starting job last year and is out of place in their new 3-4 scheme.
                  You think THEY do or moreso you think it's a good idea for the Eagles to pursue? You're the only one I've heard this from and while it's a great idea, I'm just wondering if you've seen it reported elsewhere.

Comment

Hey Steve I've seen it reported by taz on that sportscolumn website.

Originally posted by taz View Post
                    So does that make it an official rumor? How long before Sal Pal is reporting it as an official "discussion"?
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                      You think THEY do or moreso you think it's a good idea for the Eagles to pursue? You're the only one I've heard this from and while it's a great idea, I'm just wondering if you've seen it reported elsewhere.
                      Speculation, The Eagles had interest in him at the trade deadline last year when they got Witherspoon. They may still be interested in him. I have not seen anything more than Tommy Lawlor over on scouts notebook (he is goeagles99 on the Eagles board) Then again I don't think anyone saw the Tapp trade coming either.
                      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

More comments, and here's where things get interesting...

Originally posted by that guy on that board
                        Pretty much the same info I gave you before. The guys haven't changed at all. Also, I would pretty much mark down in ink that a QB will be taken with the Redskin's pick they got. That QB will be one of three that they're looking at. The 3rd QB surprised me a bit. ED. NOTE: he later hints that last qb this is John Skelton.

With their first, they still think they're going to go with the secondary, unless some mad value is to be had on the OL.
                        Originally posted by that guy on that board
                        Yeah, they're definately interested in Berry (who wouldn't be) but they don't think he'll fall far enough (early teens) for them to realistically have a shot to trade up and get him.

Comment

Fwiw Sal Pal, douche extraordinaire, reported on espn (nozzle) that the Eagles have talked to Jax and Denver (#'s 10 and 11) about trading up to pick up a defensive player. Not sure but I think he may have attributed this to Roseman saying it.

Is this too early to pick Thomas? Maybe a DE?

Comment

The name I'm hearing is Derrick Morgan.

Comment

Working...
                            X