Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We never had a chance-$70 million Heart

Darrelle Revis says heart, not $70 million, led him back to Jets

Mere minutes after signing a contract that guaranteed him $39 million, new (and old) Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis claimed the No. 1 reason he returned to New York was not money, but because he simply wanted to come home, Seth Walder of the New York Daily News reports. That, and some unfinished business.

“This is where my heart is,” Revis said Wednesday on a conference call. “When I got drafted in 2007, the GM then was Mike Tannenbaum and I told him I would do everything in my power to try to bring a championship to this organization. And I still feel that way.”

Revis’ decision to return to the Jets is just the latest plot twist in the dramatic tale of the cornerback and the team that drafted (and traded and re-signed) him.

“It’s pretty surreal,” he said.

“I just felt like it was a no-brainer to come home,” he said. “And be back home. And make it a marriage.”

“Every player in this league has to get paid and they’ve got to sign a contract,” Revis said. “Whatever the numbers be on the contract, on the document, that’s what it is. Everybody has to get paid, according to how they perform on the field.”
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Just as God led Reggie to GB!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
      Just as God led Reggie to GB!!!!!!!!
      Even God was a little more thrifty back then!

Comment

But it was still the biggest pay day --- at the time.

Comment

But it was still the biggest pay day --- at the time.
          No doubt.

Comment

My heart would be in NY if they threw that kinda money my way too.

Comment

Originally posted by kyfred View Post
              My heart would be in NY if they threw that kinda money my way too.
              I know! Like I said, we never had a chance. I just wish these guys would tell the truth once in awhile. At least when John Runyon came over from Tennessee he replied "for the money" when asked why he chose Philly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                I know! Like I said, we never had a chance. I just wish these guys would tell the truth once in awhile. At least when John Runyon came over from Tennessee he replied "for the money" when asked why he chose Philly.
                That is a big problem for me--- these guys spout sooooooooooooo much crap that when the one guy does speak the truth he sorta gets lumped in with the others.

Comment

That is a big problem for me--- these guys spout sooooooooooooo much crap that when the one guy does speak the truth he sorta gets lumped in with the others.
                  It used to be a problem for me as well but now the majority of the time they do player interviews and I just turn the channel or mute them. It's the same old cliches and blah blah blah all the time or they butcher the English language so badly it makes me cringe, yeah they've got college degrees.

What's worse is that all the networks have nothing but former dipshit players who have no business being behind a microphone and talking for a living but there they are. Ladanian Tomlinson was on NFL network and he was introduced as their "RB expert" bwahaaa! Then he proceeded to stuttered and mispronounce words his entire 2 min. segment. Anyway end of rant.
                  Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Working...
                  X