Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Murray story (and his beautiful GF!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Murray story (and his beautiful GF!)

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/ne...f-f974f22df281
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

"Sam's a great friend of mine," Murray said. "He's like a brother to me as well. We've spent some time at Oklahoma; we were roommates there. We played a lot of great games in Norman, so it was a huge influence once I heard that he was getting traded here. He immediately texted me and said, 'Hey, jump on board. Let's go win it.' I'm excited to get back with him. He's a close friend of mine and I'm excited to play with him again."

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
      "Sam's a great friend of mine," Murray said. "He's like a brother to me as well. We've spent some time at Oklahoma; we were roommates there. We played a lot of great games in Norman, so it was a huge influence once I heard that he was getting traded here. He immediately texted me and said, 'Hey, jump on board. Let's go win it.' I'm excited to get back with him. He's a close friend of mine and I'm excited to play with him again."

Like I've said, this one is on dumb luck... not F/O wizardry.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        I've said that all along. The only reason Murray is here is because he and Bradford had a great college career together, and shared a special relationship.

Comment

Nice piece, I'm glad we have them both. Not sure I'm buying ALL the history there, but it makes a nice story.

Comment

I'm just excited that we are trying to do my 2 favorite things in football, run and play defense.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
              I'm sure if the choices were Oakland and the Eagles, with the Eagles money at least being ballpark, we still might have gotten him. Maybe the Jaguars might have looked OK -- they have a little more hope and have signed some players -- but the Eagles were closer to winning.

That said... I was probably happy with Gore and drafting a decent RB which the draft is supposed to be deep in, so I might have been OK with the same approach with Mathews and a draft pick (though Mathews gets injured a lot more). Then using the cap space on someone else, like a safety But I'm not complaining too much, unless Murray really was ruined by last year's workload. (This year might go into "evidence" that he was, since his carries and yards will almost certainly go way down. Just hoping his YPC is about the same.)

Comment

My guess is that without the push from Bradford, Murray would still be a Cowgirl.

IMO, from reading I think this is much more a matter of luck than F/O being real smart and targeting Murray. Hell, Chip didn't think he could afford him, and really never pursued him. That was my point. Now whether is was the best deal or not to get both I guess we will find out.

Comment

Chip said himself that he hadn't made an effort to bring in Murray until the day before we signed him. That says it all.
                  http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
                  X