Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really think Kevin Kolb is going to light it up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really think Kevin Kolb is going to light it up.

A little optimism as we head into the holiday weekend. I truly believe Kolb is going to step on the field and put up gaudy numbers from the get-go. He's being handed a receiving corps that is downright sick - Jackson and Celek are potentially top 5 at their position, Avant is arguably a top 5 slot receiver, and Maclin has first-class potential and is poised to make a leap. If Maclin does make that leap, this becomes the NFL's best receiving corps hands down. And Kolb, while he lacks experience, has at least shown a pretty strong command of the playbook. More than enough to make it work with this crew.

I am all the hell over Kolb in fantasy this year.

I'm liking the optimism. But I'm afraid we'll lose every game 31-28.

Btw, what round are you thinking?

Comment

Love your optimism, IMK!!! I am also a believer. If the young guys can contribute on defense, we might go a long way!
      "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
        Love your optimism, IMK!!! I am also a believer. If the young guys can contribute on defense, we might go a long way!
        Given the youth on both sides of the line, I'll be very pleased with a competitive team that grows stronger during the season...a hallmark of AR teams.

I will be thrilled and a bit surprised if we make the playoffs this year but I believe Kolb, in the long run, may very well have 'the right stuff'.

Comment

I'm ready for this season,but I think the defense will be much improved. I didn't think they were all that bad last year,but you can't play your 4th -7th LBs and expect much. I think the DBs came way up and out of position and got caught quite a bit last year. I also think Kolb has the potential to keep the offense on the field far longer than 5 did. McNabb had a nasty habit of 3-4 three an outs in a row,I think Kolb has more potential for 5-6 play drives before having to kick the ball away.If this undersized defense can stay off the field 10-15 plays per game less than last season,it will help to improve it. A very interesting season ahead IMO. Let's get it on.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Kolb is easily going to throw for over 4,000 yards. I just hope that 500 of them don't go the other way.

I have a lot of faith in Kolb. But, I am almost certain that he is going to try to hard and have 20+ picks in his first full season.

After years of watching rug burners, I am fine with that.

Comment

I really love this kids potential. I am grateful for the many seasons of quality #5 gave us,BUT......He was never suited for this offense.He had way too many stretches of inaccuracy where he didn't do anything.Way too many 3 and outs.With D Jax,Maclin,Celek,Ingram,Avant and newcomers Hall and the kid from Florida whose name escapes me, AR is getting ready to show us some Doug Moe style offense. He needs someone like Magic Johnson to lead it. McNabb is not that guy.You need a QB who plays pitch and catch and keeps the team on the field for longer stretches,always getting something out of a drive. Even if the result is only 4-5 minutes off the game clock. You give that to this defense,built like a Phil Jackson team of gifted athletic ability and speed and not have them at a 15 minute TOP disadvantage and we are going to be watching some seriously fun football. We might be watching unbelievable offensive numbers coupled with a defense capable of adding points to the scoreboard and this could be wild.
              Now for the disclaimer,we are dealing with a ton of new faces along with the return of the defensive QB and IMO one of the team captains , Bradley.This team is young and I totally think we see a typical AR start and struggle early.IF they hit their strides we could be going deep into the playoffs.But this can also be a season that ends without playoffs and possibly just 8-8 ish.
              If we do well and make the playoffs,fantastic. I think we are going to know by midseason if we need SB tickets or we are going to know that Kolb is in fact the team General it seriously needs.We will know that Eagle fans and the NFL have been served notice that this is a team that you may have gotten this time ,but next season we are going to F*#k you up.
              When you put this many PURE athletes , with good character and intelligence on the field together and surround it with what can be argued as the best coaching staff in football.Guys with tons of experience . 2 of our key additions were coaches April and Jauron.One of the DBs is gonna be a freaking stud and I believe Hall is going to be the big return guy the best STs coach in football should have.Points and plays are going to be coming in lots of ways and I can't wait.Kolb and Bradley are IMO the 2 keys ,should they play like stars we are looking at 1 of the great years in franchise history. More than likely we are looking at a talented bunch that is going to be great next year.If in fact we are going to have growing pains,I have no problem watching this cast grow up together.I like what I see before me .We have potential falling out of our asses.
              I know I'm throwing out my yearly notice with my green shaded glasses firmly in place,but I believe AR has finally GOT IT.
              Last edited by musicman; 07-03-2010, 08:03 AM.
              We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Sounds great, but I'm keeping my hopes modest for this season. Last year we got our butts raped, twice. Change was needed, and change we got.....but it will be a while before I'm convinced it was GOOD change. I'm sure you all feel the same. But hey......Go EAGLES!!!!
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I think a lot is going to depend on what happens with the interior O-line. It's going to be a lot harder for him to light it up if he's got a collapsed pocket and defenders in his grill all the time.

Comment

Absolutley.
                    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I am 100% on the Kolb bandwagon. There is no better resource to get an opinion on than Jaws who consistently the last 2-3 years has said Donovan doesn't throw in to the small windows as well as he used to and doesn't anticipate that well anymore. Kolb does. Is the kid going to have growing pains? ABSOLUTELY. He is probably going to cost us a game with a bad decision. But I will bet that he has BETTER numbers than McNabb and gets sacked less often.
                      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I wouldn't get caught up in thinking that McNabb being gone is going to cure all of our woes. Donny brought a lot to the table. I think we are going to miss his toughness(physically) and that strong arm of his. No question this team is going to look DIFFERENT under Kolb....but that doesn't mean BETTER. People ASSUME that Kolb is ging to be a better leader (you have no proof of that), and that that is going to prove a benefit. People also assume that Kolb is going to be so much more accurate than Donovan, and therefore make better use of our athletic receiving corps. I certainly hope that is the case. But one thing I am sure of is that there are some throws we saw from Donovan that Kolb will never make on his best day. How is it all going to balance out?

We will see what the overall effect is over the next couple of seasons. As Kolb gets a feel for the offense....and as oponents get a book on him. But I am so far from SOLD, it ain't funny. I understand that the time was right, that it was essentially necessary to move on from DOnovan. (A situation that WE created, BTW). But I wouldn't be getting all giddy just yet.

People have said that after Kolb starts, we will miss Donovan. Well, I miss him and Kolb hasn't taken a snap as THE GUY. I was as critical as many of Donovan's shortcomings....but......."the devil you know" and all of that. I pray that Kolb makes me forget all about him.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          People have said that after Kolb starts, we will miss Donovan. Well, I miss him and Kolb hasn't taken a snap as THE GUY. I was as critical as many of Donovan's shortcomings....but......."the devil you know" and all of that. I pray that Kolb makes me forget all about him.
                          I think people are going way, way overboard with suggestions that Kolb will be the cure to all the issues we had with McNabb - and as you say, even if he is, there are things McNabb could do - things we'd stopped noticing over the years - that Kolb will not. New strengths, new weaknesses. But on the stat sheet, I think Kolb is going to rack up some nice-looking totals. His receiving corps will see to that.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                            I am 100% on the Kolb bandwagon. There is no better resource to get an opinion on than Jaws who consistently the last 2-3 years has said Donovan doesn't throw in to the small windows as well as he used to and doesn't anticipate that well anymore. Kolb does. Is the kid going to have growing pains? ABSOLUTELY. He is probably going to cost us a game with a bad decision. But I will bet that he has BETTER numbers than McNabb and gets sacked less often.

Hey, I loved McNabb but I truly believe this guy is a perfect fit for the WCO, I've been saying that for a while now. I've got a gut feeling on this one, and no it's not the tacos I ate for dinner. If the line can keep him upright he's a top 8 QB this year. That's my prediction and you can hold me to it.
                            Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                              I wouldn't get caught up in thinking that McNabb being gone is going to cure all of our woes. Donny brought a lot to the table. I think we are going to miss his toughness(physically) and that strong arm of his. No question this team is going to look DIFFERENT under Kolb....but that doesn't mean BETTER. People ASSUME that Kolb is ging to be a better leader (you have no proof of that), and that that is going to prove a benefit. People also assume that Kolb is going to be so much more accurate than Donovan, and therefore make better use of our athletic receiving corps. I certainly hope that is the case. But one thing I am sure of is that there are some throws we saw from Donovan that Kolb will never make on his best day. How is it all going to balance out?

We will see what the overall effect is over the next couple of seasons. As Kolb gets a feel for the offense....and as oponents get a book on him. But I am so far from SOLD, it ain't funny. I understand that the time was right, that it was essentially necessary to move on from DOnovan. (A situation that WE created, BTW). But I wouldn't be getting all giddy just yet.

Let's not forget that Kolb will make throws that McNabb could never make. It works both ways.

People get into comparing the guys straight up but it very rarely works that way. You need to account for the skill sets and the system that the QB is running.

The offense Reid runs needs more of a steady hand. McNabb while a great QB would go into funks for a while before coming out scorching. I think this offense needs more of the steady guy who doesn't get too up or down. That's Kolb. Plus it doesn't hurt that Kolb looks more comfortable with Celek and Jackson after only two games.

When change is needed, make it. I don't like to keep the same team around because what might happen compared to knowing what is going to happen.
                              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                              X