Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I really think Kevin Kolb is going to light it up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McNabb had a stronger arm and could throw deep balls that were reasonably accurate that Kolb will never be able to do. My prediction is that the worm burners will go away and you'll never see a ball thrown "too hard" that bounces off the receiver's hands. I hope Kolb is as fierce a competitor as McNabb. Not sure if I want him to be as good of an improvisor. McNabb would try to make a play happened until he died. Sometimes it worked, sometimes he got bit.
    E A G L E S

EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I still think it comes down to the O-line. IF they can get that worked out, Kolb is going to light it up. If not, he's going to struggle, and get his a$$ kicked. Simple as that.

Comment

This is KOlb's first year as a starter and you have to be prepared for a lot of growing pains (see Rodgers, Aaron). I do think he is better suited for the West Coast offense than McNabb, but there is no way he throws as few interceptions as McNabb. McNabb is the career leader in low interception percentage, although after he plays us twice, I hope Neil O'Donnell gets his record back.

Kolb will get picked a ton this year. He will also throgh for over 3,000 yards and 4,000 is not out of the question as others have posted. He is a talent with a lot of potential, but it will take a year to get there.

My guess at this point is 8-8 for this year, but by next year expect a big leap and 10-6 or better is where I think we will be.

Happy 4th everyone

Comment

We heard someone was gonna light it up....
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Wilson Goode says what up, too

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              Wilson Goode says what up, too
              Wow I havent heard that name in years.

Comment

They still talk about him at 34th & Powell, " why blow up a house when you can blow up the whole block". The Move was on!
                Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

they dropped a BOMB in a major US city. WTH were they thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                    they dropped a BOMB in a major US city. WTH were they thinking?
                    I think Goode was told that the bomb would simply level the house the Move was in. OOPS!!
                    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I must have been 8-9 years old. I remember the hilarious joke at the time was to call each other ___ Africa.

Comment

Actually the final report on the whole thing said that the fire raged out of control because John Africa had poured gallons and gallons of gasoline on the roof to get the exact effect that happened. The bomb was designed to take out the structure that MOVE was using as a sniper perch but obviously MOVE had anticipated things better than Goode had. His problem was with the idea of using an explosive without being able to really control things once they dropped it. All in all, it was a terrible idea and capped a horrible month. Nice work Willie!!
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Agree with a lot of the sentiment, the offense will look different under Kolb, and I'm hoping that he turns out to be the Eagles' version of Aaron Rodgers. Heck, IIRC Rodgers had a productive season when he first started, and he wasn't the reason that the Pack had a bad season that year. Go EAGLES!
                          "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                          — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                          - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Kolb is going to be great, right from the get-go.
                            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Working...
                            X