• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As the Eagles Turn Weekend Update

DeSean Jackson believes he is on his way out of Philly

Mar
    3/21/2014 6:34:48 PM

According to multiple sources close to the wide receiver, the sentiment within the Jackson camp is that he will not be with the Eagles in 2014, Tim McManus of Phillymag.com reports. One of his top confidants relayed that Jackson is now “pretty much convinced” that he will not return.

This is a change in perception from even just a few days ago. The 27-year-old wideout had some concern about his standing on the team following a wave of reports suggesting he could be on the outs in Philly. That concern was heightened by the fact that he had not received any assurances from Chip Kelly or the Eagles organization. Our understanding is that the team had not contacted Jackson directly as of mid-week, though they have apparently spoken with his agent, Joel Segal, in recent days.

Jackson has gone from being uncertain about his future with the Eagles to firmly believing he will be elsewhere next season.

Per one source, three teams have been mentioned as possible landing spots: New England, San Francisco and Seattle. It is unclear whether there is legitimate interest from any of these three teams, only that they are the names that are being mentioned within Jackson’s inner-circle.

The Niners are approximately just $4.4 million under the salary cap, according to overthecap.com. The Patriots have about $6.5 million in space and the Seahawks about $15.4 million.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

To the Raiders for there 3 and terrell pryor... And we give them a sixth or bryce brown or something.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      To the Raiders for there 3 and terrell pryor... And we give them a sixth or bryce brown or something.
      Al Davis lives on!!

Comment

I'm tired of the whole thing, if he stays, great, if he's traded, great.
        A source has told me that a person close to Jackson has mentioned his interest in going to the Seahawks because he has a connection to a Bigfoot organization in the northwest. Since meeting Clifton Geathers, DJAX has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in an effort to meet a true Yeti including money and marijuana stolen from his safe that was earmarked for the project.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          I'm tired of the whole thing, if he stays, great, if he's traded, great.
          A source has told me that a person close to Jackson has mentioned his interest in going to the Seahawks because he has a connection to a Bigfoot organization in the northwest. Since meeting Clifton Geathers, DJAX has invested hundreds of thousands of dollars in an effort to meet a true Yeti including money and marijuana stolen from his safe that was earmarked for the project.
          I have as much confidence in that story as all the rest I hear!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            I have as much confidence in that story as all the rest I hear!
            Do the math MD. Why on earth did we go after Sprowles? Why was Maclin such a priority? Why have the Eagles been silent? Case closed I'm afraid.

Comment

Hate to have you on any jury that my fate depended.

Went after Sproles? Maybe cause he is a really good scat back and screen man., and really fits in good in what Chip wants to do.... not a down field #1 WR.

Maclin was SUCH a priority? Really, haven't they proved, by their actions, not media pushed crap, that THEIR guys were a priority and Maclin was one of them.

Why have the Eagles been silent? Maybe 1. that is the way they always are and or 2 maybe they have been fielding offers (doesn't mean they are shopping him) and or 3 maybe there is just nothing to talk about.

Maybe he is gone, maybe he isn't, but I refused to go along with "assumptive" reasons and/or speculation all brought about by off season media "sources".

But cynics like me are that way for a reason while others just suck on the teets of the media, no matter what they spout.

Comment

"Suck on teets", MD? Really? Can you perhaps me MORE demeaning?

However, I agree with you, With as much as it will cost the Eagles to trade him, I still doubt it happens. What I DO know is that none of these "sources" know what is going to happen, until it happens.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I used to dream about sucking on Phyllis Georges tenets thank you very much!

Comment

The hits just keep on comin folks!!

Sorry, but there's just too much out there!

The Philadelphia Eagles are trading DeSean Jackson or cutting him a source told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News Saturday. "That's a fact. They don't want him," the source said.
                    Although the source said that Jackson isn’t interested in restructuring a contract that includes a $10.5 million base salary (and $12.75 million salary cap charge) in 2014, he may have no choice but to take a pay cut. It’s hard to imagine a team would absorb that cap hit.

Jackson, who had 82 receptions for 1,332 yards and nine TDs last season, is scheduled to earn $9.75 million in base salaries in 2015 and 2016. The Eagles would have about $6.5 million in cap savings in 2014 if Jackson is cut, according to overthecap.com.

The NFL Network identified the Jets, Patriots, Raiders, Panthers and 49ers as potential landing spots. Receiver-needy Carolina may make the most sense from a purely football perspective. The Philadelphia Inquirer reported Friday that the Eagles are indeed actively shopping their leading wideout from last season. The Eagles reportedly want a third-round pick in a trade.

Comment

Say what you want about DeSean, but our offense next year would be better with him on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by fly View Post
                        Say what you want about DeSean, but our offense next year would be better with him on the team.
                        I don't think his talent is the problem fly. And I'm sure the Eagles want it too.

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                          "Suck on teets", MD? Really? Can you perhaps me MORE demeaning?

However, I agree with you, With as much as it will cost the Eagles to trade him, I still doubt it happens. What I DO know is that none of these "sources" know what is going to happen, until it happens.
                          Not demeaning at all. Very commonly used phrase. Please.

Comment

I still say it isn't going to surprise me if it happens but I would sure like to see them get a two instead of a third. Unfortunately Jackson is worth more to Philly than he is to any others. It is nice to see that maybe some teams are bidding on him. That may sweeten the pot
                            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                            Hope is not a strategy
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                              I still say it isn't going to surprise me if it happens but I would sure like to see them get a two instead of a third. Unfortunately Jackson is worth more to Philly than he is to any others. It is nice to see that maybe some teams are bidding on him. That may sweeten the pot
                              Hell, he's worth a 1 ND!! But between his contract and his 10 cent head he's worth squat. I think the only team out there with cap room is Oakland and I'll bet they know that. I'm betting he ends up getting cut unless somehow they work things out. After all this BS though I don't see how.
                              Last edited by Eagle60; 03-22-2014, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X