Heard a rumor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ekravitz
    this is just my opinion, of course, but does anyone think we need a RB more than a WR? I think I have more concerns about that position
    Personally, I am not really concerned about RB as long as those injuries heal (not expecting Bucky to be healthy though). However, I have been concerned about FB ever since Ritchie became a non-factor.

I am really happy with our WR also, but I definately want that deep threat (Lelie).

Comment

we are definitely thin at RB. Bucky needs to show he can play. Mahe is well...Mahe. Perry is a fumble machine.

I'd love to see someone of any worth get cut and have the Eagles scoop them up.
      The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

Our receiver will have to really be bad for us to bring in Lelie. Lelie is not anything great, yet he brings with him alot of baggage and a contract dispute. The Iggles will not stick their neck out for a guy who is not much better than what they have. So, unless McCants and Baskett are a mirage, we will not be giving up any DT, DE or TE. ....

.......even though I would give up a backup for Lelie.
        Pedro

Comment

There is no contract dispute. Lelie is unhappy in Denver, he wants out, and is holding out trying to force a trade. Denver WANTS him to report, but I think they realize the guy is willing to sit out the season, so they are trying to get something for him. As far as I know, before this, there were no character issues with him. So, to say he brings a lot of baggage with him is disengenuous, without being more familiar with him.

I think some of you guys are selling Lelie short. You get hung up on statistics, and try to say that he's the same player as freakin Pinkston because the stats are somewhat similar. As it stands right now, Lelie would be the 2nd best, maybe even the best WR on the roster. He's certainly better than anyone not named Brown, and that is debateable, as Brown has yet to show he can play a full season as a starter, and Lelie has had a few solid seasons in Denver. He's better than McCants by a long shot, and he's certainly a proven commodity, that has performed well in real games, and has played in the postseason. That alone elevates him above Baskett, or Avant.

If they can get him for a draft pick, or a player like Rayburn or McDougle, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But, like I said on the other board, I'll defer to the FO on this one, because they know what they have in house, and have probably done a lot of homework on Lelie if they are indeed interested in him.

Comment

Do NOT trade any of our D-Line depth for Lelie, we will wind up regretting it. I'd give them Schobel, but not Rayburn and certainly not Walker.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
              Do NOT trade any of our D-Line depth for Lelie, we will wind up regretting it. I'd give them Schobel, but not Rayburn and certainly not Walker.
              I agree here.

And while many of us are saying that Lelie is a Pinky clone, it doesn't mean we think he is "just" another Pinky. It means he brings about the same things that Pinky does for the team, ie: being able to go deep and take some DB's with him.

And as far as him steppin up his game cause he will have #5 throwing him the ball-- well how's that working out(so far, of course let's gets some games done first) with Gaffney?

Comment

I'm also terrified that Lelie will take quite awhile to catch on to the offense. I wouldn't give up any D-Line depth and I'm not thrilled at the idea of Schoebel either but I would part with him. Whatever happened to the draft pick talk?

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
                  I'm also terrified that Lelie will take quite awhile to catch on to the offense. I wouldn't give up any D-Line depth and I'm not thrilled at the idea of Schoebel either but I would part with him. Whatever happened to the draft pick talk?
                  STEVE, I THINK THEY WANT A PLAYER AND A PICK. AT LEAST I THOUGHT THAT I HEARD THAT. I COULD BE WRONG.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                    Originally posted by stevemc
                    STEVE, I THINK THEY WANT A PLAYER AND A PICK. AT LEAST I THOUGHT THAT I HEARD THAT. I COULD BE WRONG.
                    You don't have to yell!

Comment

WHAT?

Comment

I can't believe anyone would give up Schobel. You would have nothing for a two TE package and, if LJ went down, you would have no one to step in (Bartrum is not an option as he is there to LS).

At DT you have two guys who many think could play on an NFL roster (Ramsey and Jasper) and one who has two years under his belt in Marshall. I don't want to depend on him but I could live with him as a #5.

Having said all that I'm not sure I would make a trade either because I think our WRs will be ok. But, if I did, it would be DL depth. I know it is a gamble but pretty much all trades have some risk. If I sent Ramsey or Jasper I would add a 6th or 7th. If it were Rayburn or Walker it would have to be straight up. I don't think Den would do that.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

The only thing that makes sense to me would be to trade Gaffney and a 5th for Lelie, we'll be picking up a more costly contract. The Bronco's aren't looking to get rid of a receiver, I would think they would want to fill Lelie's shoes. Plus if we sign Lelie then we would have to get rid of a receiver anyway.

Comment

Nobody will take Gaffeny in a trade, IMO.... one he has done poop in TC.

Comment

Gargano just put out there that they are looking at Lelie and Tatum Bell. the Broncos wanted to wait until after the first preseason game to see this rookie RB and he fumbled so they don't know what the deal is. Gargano also said the Broncos were asking for a 3rd round pick for just Lelie

Comment

Tatum Bell is a great talent. I know he fumbles, but that can be corrected. Was their some issue w/ his 'attitude' at one point? I can't remember...

Comment

Working...
                                X