No announcement yet.

Kill The Shit Stains From Dallas GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we had one more offensive lineman and Bradford can just play like he did tonight we could make a run.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      If we had one more offensive lineman and Bradford can just play like he did tonight we could make a run.
      I was scared to death of the Hardy matchup with Kelly, but... hardly heard Hardy's name all night. Other than when he was rolling up on legs.

Comment

• Eagles had a nice night after yet another very slow start. Not sure why they can't seem to play an entire game from whistle to whistle. Jordan Matthews had a nice night but the rest of our receivers suck! Huff is terrible and should never see the field beyond special teams. Austin is acceptable but only because Jerry is paying his salary. He needs to gone next year with the rest of them. I said last night there are no players on this team that I like, but I was talking about the offense. Matthews is the only player on the offense I feel positive about and that's a long way from liking him. The defense does having a pretty good number of likable players.

We got the win, but in my mind this game was another sign that Chip is not the guy we hoped he was. With w weeks to prepare we saw more of the same from this team. Slow start with dropped passes, stupid penalties (what the hell was the Witten tackle on the last regulation drive all about?!?!?!) and mass confusion. Once more they came out unpreared and we ineffective.

But the most frustrating thing to me is the way this team consistently fails to cross the first down line before a pass on third downs. It seems like they stop a yard short every time! Either it's a planned "system" thing or no one on the team knows what those big sticks on the sidelines are for. It has to stop. We kill our own drives every game!! If Chip is the great coach we were told he is, he needs to get these consistent mental mistakes fixed immediately. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          Eagles had a nice night after yet another very slow start. Not sure why they can't seem to play an entire game from whistle to whistle. Jordan Matthews had a nice night but the rest of our receivers suck! Huff is terrible and should never see the field beyond special teams. Austin is acceptable but only because Jerry is paying his salary. He needs to gone next year with the rest of them. I said last night there are no players on this team that I like, but I was talking about the offense. Matthews is the only player on the offense I feel positive about and that's a long way from liking him. The defense does having a pretty good number of likable players.

We got the win, but in my mind this game was another sign that Chip is not the guy we hoped he was. With w weeks to prepare we saw more of the same from this team. Slow start with dropped passes, stupid penalties (what the hell was the Witten tackle on the last regulation drive all about?!?!?!) and mass confusion. Once more they came out unpreared and we ineffective.

But the most frustrating thing to me is the way this team consistently fails to cross the first down line before a pass on third downs. It seems like they stop a yard short every time! Either it's a planned "system" thing or no one on the team knows what those big sticks on the sidelines are for. It has to stop. We kill our own drives every game!! If Chip is the great coach we were told he is, he needs to get these consistent mental mistakes fixed immediately. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.
          I thought his play calling was brilliant Juk. Those runs in passing situations were fantastic. I'll admit that I was BS in the first half too, but he stuck to his plan and it worked. The offense will work if you don't drop balls and don't turn it over.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Slow start with dropped passes, stupid penalties (what the hell was the Witten tackle on the last regulation drive all about?!?!?!) and mass confusion. Once more they came out unpreared and we ineffective.
            The tackle on Witten was plainly planned. There wasn't much time left, and Dallas was going to take one shot at the end zone and the win. So, tackle Witten and you waste the time they have left, and ensure no TD. The only penalty is making the FG five yards shorter but it was already easily in range with a good kicker. Of course, once the kick hit the upright, I was sort of regretting the penalty...

The dropped passes were better. There was one bad one on Huff early, and one on Austin where he was held and drew a flag anyways. I also didn't see any mass confusion, just that some of the stretch plays simply did not work with Sean Lee out there, and they were called too much. It was a new OL configuration as well, which you can only prepare for so much in practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by FairOaks View Post
              The tackle on Witten was plainly planned. There wasn't much time left, and Dallas was going to take one shot at the end zone and the win. So, tackle Witten and you waste the time they have left, and ensure no TD. The only penalty is making the FG five yards shorter but it was already easily in range with a good kicker. Of course, once the kick hit the upright, I was sort of regretting the penalty...

The dropped passes were better. There was one bad one on Huff early, and one on Austin where he was held and drew a flag anyways. I also didn't see any mass confusion, just that some of the stretch plays simply did not work with Sean Lee out there, and they were called too much. It was a new OL configuration as well, which you can only prepare for so much in practice.
              Coaching Huff has to be extremely frustrating. You know they practiced that play on the goal line for 2 weeks and the guy completely gags on it. He's so undependable I don't know what you do with all of that talent. I do know that you can't possibly play him on the goal line though. Then again, he's surrounded by other chokers too. Hell, you can't even HAND OFF to him because he's a fumbler too.

Comment

• "But the most frustrating thing to me is the way this team consistently fails to cross the first down line before a pass on third downs. It seems like they stop a yard short every time! Either it's a planned "system" thing or no one on the team knows what those big sticks on the sidelines are for. It has to stop. We kill our own drives every game!!"
                Almost word for word what I said to my wife during the game. At the start of the game I think there were three, maybe four, straight third down plays where the pass was short of the first down marker.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                  "But the most frustrating thing to me is the way this team consistently fails to cross the first down line before a pass on third downs. It seems like they stop a yard short every time! Either it's a planned "system" thing or no one on the team knows what those big sticks on the sidelines are for. It has to stop. We kill our own drives every game!!"
                  Almost word for word what I said to my wife during the game. At the start of the game I think there were three, maybe four, straight third down plays where the pass was short of the first down marker.
                  FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!It happens every week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                    FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!It happens every week.
                    and that is one of the things a WR learns from pee wee on to each and every level. Should NEVER happen.
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X