Eagles vs Cheaters game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
    Won a game they shouldn't have, but a W is a W.

Admittedly not watching him every play, anybody else disappointed in Alonso?
    He was beyond useless. Terrible in pass coverage and little better in run defense. Arm tackles, missed tackles, overrunning plays. I don't know what he had going for him prior to his knee injuries, other than having been another one of Chip's Oregon boys, but IMO he shouldn't be starting at this point

Comment

Yep, probably not as much as in Murray but Alonso has just filled a role this year--he hasn't done anything to stand out.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

• Three things. I'm not a big individual player guy but I like what Malcolm Jenkins brings to the game. He plays hard and seems to take on the leadership role to call out the guys who just collect their check each week.
        Rowe had a good game, let's hope he keeps on getting better.
        Birds had the int, blocked punt and punt return. I thought for sure the comments and graphic said that has happened two other times in NFL history---both by the birds. Did anyone else see that the same way?
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

• We did it last year against the 49ers and lost.
          It was Sproles and Jenkins last year also. Maragos might have gotten the block as well.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

• Wow. Just finished. And u read through you guys watching it.

We tried to hand it back.

Bradford made a huge throw.

Chip appears to have figure out that Demarco has a vagina.

And Eric Rowe grew up.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Won a game they shouldn't have? I didn't see it that way. The offense was OK - let's say a B, the defense was A+, the special teams was A+. They had too many penalties, the Barner fumble sucked, but oh well. They scored 35 unanswered points against one of the top 3 teams in the league.

Comment

• Were they supposed to beat the Cheaters? Did ANYONE pick the Birds to win?

Thus they won a game they shouldn't have.

Sheeeeeeeeesh!

Just as they lost some they should have won.
                Last edited by MDFAN; 12-07-2015, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                  Me too. I'm mainly feeling irritated that Temple will be playing in the fucking Boca Raton Bowl despite going 10-3. THE BOCA RATON BOWL??!??!??
                  Sounds like a line from Fast Times at Ridgemont High. "Let's smoke from the Boca Raton Bowl"
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Reposted from another thread:

I watched Kiko Alonso in his first season in Buffalo and thought that he was a great linebacker. Coming off the serious knee injury which prevented him from playing last year, along with the injury he has suffered this year, has limited his speed and prevented him from becoming the player he once was. There also has to be some rust from the lack of playing at real game speed.

You could see from the way he diagnosed the Patriot's attempt to set up a screen late in the game that Alonso has great instincts and knows how to knife through interference. Let's hope that he can regain his rookie form - otherwise, he is a liability at LB.
                    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Working...
                    X