Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles - McDougle believes he can still contribute

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...s_defense.html

Reading this article, I had no idea that McDougle was in the last year of a Six-year deal??!!! This guy has had the absolute worst luck I have ever seen- even worse than Buckhalter.

I seriously cannot see him making this team in any way.

Re: Eagles - McDougle believes he can still contribute

You've got to feel a little bad for MCDougle, but I have to believe the only thing he'll be contributing to in Philly is the United Way.

Comment

I do feel bad, noone (aside from Owens) should have endured the kind of bad luck McDougle has. My guess is they'll put him on ST's and he'll roll his ankle in practice, and that should close the book.

Comment

Perhaps he would consider a move to fullback. (Sorry, couldnt resist! )

Comment

I'd feel worse about McDougle's bad luck if he'd ever shown even the slightest flash of ability during the few times he was healthy.

Comment

He has had terrible luck, but as IMK said the Eagles need to dispassionate about the decision. They have held onto him so obviously they see talent and are hoping to be rewarded for their patience. I think he is a long shot to make the team this season, but if he does I hope he can deliver. The DL could be a huge asset if the group we have stay healthy and perform well.
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
              They have held onto him so obviously they see talent and are hoping to be rewarded for their patience.
              you don't seriously believe this, do you? they've held onto him because the cap hit would be too big. he has shown absolutely nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by betty
                They have held onto him so obviously they see talent and are hoping to be rewarded for their patience.
                you don't seriously believe this, do you? they've held onto him because the cap hit would be too big. he has shown absolutely nothing.
                Said it before I could. And, shockingly, McDougle is a Rosenhaus client- the only one still with the Birds. Isn't his deal up soon?

Comment

I do not know the details of the cap hit, but the Eagles usually are not shy about cutting guys who produce zero. Some of the reason could derive from him being a 1st round pick, but there is alot we do not know about his performance and I would trust the coaches before fans. I think he has talent, but has never gotten on track for a myriad of reasons. If they keep him, I hope he steps up. If they cut him, no biggie IMO.
                  Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
                    Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":21f4b
                    I do not know the details of the cap hit, but the Eagles usually are not shy about cutting guys who produce zero. Some of the reason could derive from him being a 1st round pick, but there is alot we do not know about his performance and I would trust the coaches before fans. I think he has talent, but has never gotten on track for a myriad of reasons. If they keep him, I hope he steps up. If they cut him, no biggie IMO.[/quote:21f4b]

His cap number is $1,982,500 for this year, and I don't understand the cap enough to know what the hit would be if he were jettisoned. Can't it be pushed to next year's uncapped year?

Comment

[quote=Vote for Kalas]
                      Originally posted by "Vote for Kalas":671cb
                      I do not know the details of the cap hit, but the Eagles usually are not shy about cutting guys who produce zero. Some of the reason could derive from him being a 1st round pick, but there is alot we do not know about his performance and I would trust the coaches before fans. I think he has talent, but has never gotten on track for a myriad of reasons. If they keep him, I hope he steps up. If they cut him, no biggie IMO.[/quote:671cb]

Well last year he lucked out with a season-ending injury or I all but guarantee he would have been cut. Since his cap hit was near the same as his salary (a small net loss) there was no reason to cut him, since he couldn't hurt the team by playing. This year is the last of his deal so I'm sure there's a sizable cap savings if he's cut. McDougle's last chance to show something was in 2006 after Kearse was injured, and he stunk so bad it killed our two-line rotation.

Comment

Working...
                      X