Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Music Thread

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
    I've always thought Weezer was hugely overrated. Rivers Cuomo. Whatever.

Hey leif - did you ever get f10 stickers?
    Re: Weezer. They're pop music; nothing more nothing less. They have some really good stuff and some not so good stuff. Rivers Cuomo is a total dick, even his bandmates hate him, but he's a good musician/songwriter.

Yeah I got the stickers. Put one on my laptop, the rest I will hand out at the Philly Folk Festival in August.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Also, I finally got and listened to the Bon Iver CD last night; definitely pretty good. Now I gotta go add it to my albums of the moment list.

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
        I've always thought Weezer was hugely overrated. Rivers Cuomo. Whatever.

Hey leif - did you ever get f10 stickers?
        Re: Weezer. They're pop music; nothing more nothing less. They have some really good stuff and some not so good stuff. Rivers Cuomo is a total dick, even his bandmates hate him, but he's a good musician/songwriter.

Yeah I got the stickers. Put one on my laptop, the rest I will hand out at the Philly Folk Festival in August.
        Yeah, I just think Rivers is a little full of himself for writing average pop music. It's completely disposable stuff that won't last the year. (IMHO).

nice. I will have to remember to put one up in the Mann bathroom tomorrow night.

Steve - look for f10 in the bathroom!

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
          If you're Weezer fan, the Red Album is definitely a must. They might even bring in some new fans with this release as their music has really...matured.
          Agree 100%. Weezer might be pop-ish, but it is very good pop.

I also hate to say it, but I prefer the new Weezer to the new MMJ, which I found to be an inconsitent effort. The Weezer CD is good throughout. IMO, it is better than the Green, but not as good as the Blue.
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

stock, you are the only other person i know who isn't praising the new MMJ album (aside from pitchfork, who wrote a scathing review). i think inconsistent is putting it mildly, unless by inconsistent you mean that some songs are mediocre, others are simply bad while many are complete trash. there are a few songs that are decent, but they are so overwhelmed by the rest of the album, which is unlistenable, that i doubt i'll be playing Evil Urges anytime soon.

Comment

hey you two!

take it over to http://www.favorite10.com/item/12038/mu ... evil+urges

(we need the traffic over there

Comment

Since I think "Evil Urges" is one of the top 2 releases this year - I can honestly say I disagree!

Comment

hey you two!

take it over to http://www.favorite10.com/item/12038/mu ... evil+urges

(we need the traffic over there
                  it seems that you need to click that link and read your own board as i posted on that link a few days ago. i've heard they need the traffic.

Comment

Anyone listen to the new Cold War Kids yet? I just downloaded and will post comments after I listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X