• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Allen is back on a one year deal

Details forthcoming.

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
    Details forthcoming.
    Just mentioned bringing him back in the last 10 min. Good deal, knows scheme, provides depth and competition
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'm actually glad they did this. Makes pressing for a "need" pick in the draft less likely.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Nate was serviceable last year. With Jenkins, Wolff & Allen - I'm much more comfortable with the secondary. Heck - Allen/Wolff now take Kurt Coleman's spot. That HAS to make you feel better!!!!!

Comment

No more of this?

http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Kill me. I hate Nate Allen.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

When you think about it, this is a "One year prove it "deal.Either Allen steps up his game or he's gone. I thought he played better as the season went on & think this is a good deal for both sides. Allen has motivation & Birds have little risk. I like this move.
              Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

1 yr 2 mill with some incentives is a good deal for Allen, who was ok last year, the big thing with Allen is he got a lot better last year, he went from really bad to somewhat bad to by the end of the year serviceable. Which with he and Jenkins we are better at safety.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Like the move -- he's a guy familiar with the team and coaching, and improved drastically last year -- it's possible he could continue to get better. Seemed like the best depth veteran we could sign, really -- he was a serviceable starter at the end of last year. When he and Wolff were in there, it seemed we had a passable defense (though that may have just coincided with playing bad offenses). When either of those two were out, and Chung was in... yeouch. Now Allen (or Wolff) should be the injury replacement, which is much better. Should mean the end of Coleman; hopefully we draft another safety to really shore that position up.

Comment

I like bringing him back. No real risk and he adds some continuity. I believe the defensive backfield is much like the OL. They need to play together to get better. having all new parts all the time leads to communication issues. I have stated before, depth is a primary concern and we fill immediate needs now and draft based on where we want to be and not what is an immediate need. This allows for better negotiations both for draft day trades, but also in negotiating those first year contracts.

Comment

Move means nothing in the big picture. It's just a body that is easily dumped.
                      Taking It One Game At A Time

Comment

He played better as the year goes on. I think I'd be feeling good having him as our 3rd safety. I hope it works out that way.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

this move is just like the rest, putting NFL quality players , high character guys at each position which will allow them to go BPA
                          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Allen played for 4 different DC in multiple different systems in 4 years...he played well as a rookie until he got injured, then struggled for 2 seasons as the chaos swirled around the oganization and then bounced back last season when we finally had some stability...I think his 2nd yr in the same system for once may bear fruit, like this move especially since its a 1 yr $1M deal with incentives if he plays well for another $1M. Peanuts...could be a great signing in the end
                            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Right on VFK. It's a no lose signing for us.

Comment

Working...
                              X