QB Protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Protection

Josh Allen was caught behind the line and half ass went down but broke free. Refs had blown the whistle and he (like all QBs do) pitched a little bitch about how he was still going. Very much like Carson can do. Another time an Eagle touched, I mean touched, his facemask with his helmet and Allen was on the ground calling for the helmet to helmet. Very much like Carson can do. On another play he went down in the pocket and an Eagle (Jenkins I think) still hit him and was flagged even though he was committed to the hit IMM. This isn't about Allen but is about the rules. QBs can't have it both ways. If they want protection they have to accept they will be called in the grasp or that they gave themselves up when the ref blows the whistle. I don't like how protected they are getting but that is the rule.
    Guys like Wentz, Allen et al are big strong guys and can get out of a jam but they gotta live with the rule
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

The bigger issue to me is for guys like Allen, Rodgers, Wilson.... you HAVE TO HAVE TO get these guys on the ground when you get around them. I understand where you are going with this NoDak and I agree it is called too tightly but you have to also get the guy on the ground.

Our biggest issue with third down... especially third and long.... is not our CB play but our inability to get to the QB and get them on the ground. We don't maintain our rush lanes and provide the QB with an escape route. Or we get close or even get on him and let him get away because we are out of control on the rush.

on third and long you have to get close or on him and get him on the ground. once he breaks the pocket odds are he is going to get you.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I agree you have to get them to the ground however you run the risk of a penalty if there is any contact the ref feels is inappropriate. And I damn sure don't want the QB bitching about every take down; especially when some of them run until the very last second and then flop and expect an unnecessary roughness penalty.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
        Josh Allen was caught behind the line and half ass went down but broke free. Refs had blown the whistle and he (like all QBs do) pitched a little bitch about how he was still going. Very much like Carson can do. Another time an Eagle touched, I mean touched, his facemask with his helmet and Allen was on the ground calling for the helmet to helmet. Very much like Carson can do. On another play he went down in the pocket and an Eagle (Jenkins I think) still hit him and was flagged even though he was committed to the hit IMM. This isn't about Allen but is about the rules. QBs can't have it both ways. If they want protection they have to accept they will be called in the grasp or that they gave themselves up when the ref blows the whistle. I don't like how protected they are getting but that is the rule.
        Guys like Wentz, Allen et al are big strong guys and can get out of a jam but they gotta live with the rule
        I was very proud of my wife who said "what's he supposed to do, stop in midair?". She doesn't watch half of the game because "they're too stressful" LOL! I was impressed.

And if they want a pass rusher why the heck don't they play Hall???
        Last edited by Eagle60; 10-28-2019, 04:55 PM.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Jenkins rolled over him and tried to avoid a big hit. That flag was a joke.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

And if they want a pass rusher why the heck don't they play Hall???[/QUOTE]

This is the thing that gets me. Hall was productive yet he doesn't play much. Yu drafted Miller and yuo have him inactive on game day. Why not play these guys and see what you got. Yu drafted them now you trade for a DE but who knows if these guys can play. The same goes for JJAW. To me there are really saying they cannot draft. They hit on Wentz and maybe Sanders and Dillard but who else? Barnett?

Comment

Working...
            X