Bloom back at practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloom back at practice

I am sure the reporters will have a field day with this today. It is good to see Avant and Bloom back on the field with a chance to show the Eagles something in preseason.

that is surprising. I thought Bloom was a long way off from playing. In fact - I figured he was a candidate for the PUP list which would have put him on the shelf until week 9.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
      that is surprising. I thought Bloom was a long way off from playing. In fact - I figured he was a candidate for the PUP list which would have put him on the shelf until week 9.
      you must be reading too many fans TC reports on message boards
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Bloom really can't be expected to ever do anything as a WR. A #6 at best.

He better be Dante Hall electric as a return man or he won't make the team.
        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
        Playoff Appearances:
        NFC Title Games:
        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          He just needs to outperform Mahe.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
            Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            He just needs to outperform Mahe.
            Nah - if that were the case - there would be a bunch of us playing for the Eagles!

Comment

I don't see Bloom making the team. The only thing he has is speed. I don't see him doing anything at WR and think he will take a pounding as a return man.
              FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

I think he makes the team. I don't think the Eagles would simply cut him without giving him a year to show what he can do. I think they drafted him with that in mind, hence they probably know that he's going to be an experiment this year at least. If he shows any signs of being injury prone, or soft, or whatever, they'll deal with him next year, but for now, it doesn't cost them anything, it's not like they can't afford to have him on the 53 man roster. They can cut McCants anyway, he'll be used to it by now
                "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                  I don't see Bloom making the team. The only thing he has is speed. I don't see him doing anything at WR and think he will take a pounding as a return man.
                  I'll take that action.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                    Originally posted by Blitz
                    I'll take that action.
                    do you mean that in slang that you'd take that as a bet, or do you mean you want to take a pounding as a return man
                    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

I will take any and all bets from those who think Bloom will be cut.

Comment

I don't think Bloom will be cut. But, I think he is PS material.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
                          Bloom is the kind of guy that teams like to pluck off of practice squads while trying to catch lightning in a bottle. You see what they have, and if they have nothing you let them go and you've lost nothing. If Bloom doesn't make the team, guaranteed they IR or PUP him before they'd put him on the PS. Giving him a year to get into NFL shape would make perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
                            You have to be cut in order to be signed to the practice squad. Thus, he won't be on the PS IMO.

Comment

Working...
                            X