Lurie regrets signing TO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lurie regrets signing TO

Not sure if this was posted already but I find it interesting that Lurie is making this comment in public. Of course what hell does he mean by ""I'll always try to be aggressive and make mistakes." Uhm Jeff trying to be aggressive is ok. Trying to make mistakes - not so good!!

Eagles Camp Update/Lurie regrets signing T.O.
    By Shannon Ryan
    INQUIRER STAFF WRITER

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie said today the team learned a lesson last year in its dealings with Terrell Owens and if given the chance to go back to acquire the troublesome receiver again would pass.

"I would not do it again," Lurie said in his annual state-of-the team address at training camp. "You look back on it... . One year great; second year a disaster. Nobody should be able to be as disruptive and really cut the energy of the team down after what happened last year. I think we all learned from that."

Lurie said that the team has returned to its roots of going after "character" players, while still taking risks.

"As an owner, I'll admit I'm a risk-taker," he said. "I'll always try to be aggressive and make mistakes. At the same time, when we're in the draft room, or approaching free agency or picking players or trading players, character is probably No. 1. If you don't get past the character test, the teamwork test, you're not going to be on the Philadelphia Eagles."

Lurie also talked optimistically about the upcoming season.

The Eagles, who went 6-10 last season, are trying to rebound from Lurie's worst season as owner of the Eagles since 1999, when the squad went 5-11.

He said that having healthy players, especially quarterback Donovan McNabb, and fewer distractions would only boost the Eagles.

"I probably have never looked forward to any season more than this because we haven't had our team together for so long," he said. "It's not just been a long off-season. It's been an awful long time since we've had our healthy franchise quarterback and the roster that we built [together]."

Lurie addressed the holdout situation with this year's No. 1 draft pick, defensive tackle Brodrick Bunkley, who has missed all of camp because he has not signed.

"We've always been very fair with our No. 1 draft picks," Lurie said. "There's no excuse for an agent not coming to terms at this point. It's eventually the responsibility of the player to recognize what's fair and make a decision. He's a good guy. I hope Brodrick gets in here soon."
    Contact staff writer Shannon Ryan at 215-854-5503 or [email protected].

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/15181398.htm
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

I think there should be a "no more TO questions" rule in these press conferences. Im sure the players & coaches are tired of it, and Im tired of the press living in the past.
    You'd think it was only Screamin A Smith at these things, since all they talk about is a player who's not even here.

Comment

The standard response to T.O. questions should be: "I don't care."

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
        No, it should be "next question"

Comment

sounds like the line in the sand has been drawn

"We've always been very fair with our No. 1 draft picks," Lurie said. "There's no excuse for an agent not coming to terms at this point. It's eventually the responsibility of the player to recognize what's fair and make a decision. He's a good guy. I hope Brodrick gets in here soon."

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Re: Lurie regrets signing TO

[quote="Jukin"]Not sure if this was posted already but I find it interesting that Lurie is making this comment in public. Of course what hell does he mean by ""I'll always try to be aggressive and make mistakes." Uhm Jeff trying to be aggressive is ok. Trying to make mistakes - not so good!!

His actual comment as quoted at PE.com was

"As an owner, I'll admit to you that I'm a risk taker," Lurie said. "I'll always try to be aggressive and take risks and be willing to make mistakes."

Comment

Speaking of Lurie, the other day i was scrolling through the movie channels looking for good flicks to record on my DVR and i came across:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103184/

Comment

Working...
                X