What's the latest on covid in Philly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the latest on covid in Philly?

Our Governor just gave pro teams the OK to pratice and we are a real hotspot.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The city just changed from “red“ to “yellow” meaning reduced restrictions are starting. Some employees of sports teams can begin meeting at facilities but not the players. Eagles announced last week that the coaches will stay home until the players are allowed back which should happen in about a month if things to well.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Not to make this political but I think the city at some point over the next few weeks along some other cities in this county will go back to a red status. The riots and looting (which I see differently than the protests) have a ton of people in confined places and much of them are not masked up. The protests seem to have people masked up. Either way I think the risk of Covid coming back even stronger in the next few weeks is much much higher than most realize.

I am still confining to my home for the most part, I do go out occasionally to the grocery store. To me the best practice is to still socially distance and mask up when outside your home.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        Not to make this political but I think the city at some point over the next few weeks along some other cities in this county will go back to a red status. The riots and looting (which I see differently than the protests) have a ton of people in confined places and much of them are not masked up. The protests seem to have people masked up. Either way I think the risk of Covid coming back even stronger in the next few weeks is much much higher than most realize.

I am still confining to my home for the most part, I do go out occasionally to the grocery store. To me the best practice is to still socially distance and mask up when outside your home.
        I agree. I think the rioters are out of their minds to be exposing themselves like that, but people running on pure emotion do stupid things. I also think that because the numbers have started to level off, people are getting a false sense of security, and they're thinking things have returned to normal when they haven't. I understand the need of small business to get up and running and soforth, but the risk of this virus is still high.

Other than work, I am confining at home as well, other than to get needed supplies, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future. I also think the NFL's plans to have training camp and a full season with fans in the stand are not going to happen.

Comment

Don't worry guys, all the looters had masks on.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
          X