The Philaphans Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could not agree more, MD.....
    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
      Fresh, my wife manages a curves for women franchise, and one of the members' names is Bobbi Taylor.

I call her #21.
      That might be Fresh in drag. NTTAWWT

Comment

Not unless Fresh is about 60 years old...LOL

Comment

LOL! That's cool.

I met a new customer the other day who's name is Eric Allen. Could have been a great conversation starter....if he wasn't a Bucs fan. Yeeeeccchhhh!!!!!!
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            LOL! That's cool.

I met a new customer the other day who's name is Eric Allen. Could have been a great conversation starter....if he wasn't a Bucs fan. Yeeeeccchhhh!!!!!!
            So instead you kicked him in the crotch.

Comment

Just a little something to brighten the air

I had been teaching my three-year old daughter,
              >> Caitlin, the Lord's Prayer for several evenings at
              >> bedtime. She would repeat after me the lines from the
              >> prayer. Finally, she decided to go solo. I listened
              >> with pride as she carefully enunciated each word,
              >> right up to the end of the prayer: "Lead us not into
              >> temptation," she prayed, "but deliver us from E-mail.
              >>
              move the table...just once more!
              http://www.harmonyriley.com/comedy/

Comment

LOL!! Thanks footballchick....great story

-Andy Reid

Comment

I have to say that what happened at PhilaPhans is sad. It was a community and in some ways a family (now that's sad). I enjoyed the discussions and even the arguments until it drifted away from football. I still check it out once in a while and I will most likey still post, but home is where your family is and it seem that most of the family is here right now (where is JRJ though).

Anyway I hope things settle down there. There are still good people over there.

Comment

We've probably all been thru the progression of Philly sports boards, and time proves a few idiots who are more interisted in creating chaos, can and will destroy a board if given the opportunity. And the opportunity on the other site is the daily norm. I was just sick of the daily bullshit by a few posters. Difference of opinion, no problem, but to intentionally drag a board down is unacceptable, and IMO Crow is definately wrong, he needs/needed to take out the trash. But it's probably too late anyway, and it really doesn't matter now, the roster here is 1st rate, and I won't post on that Eagles site again.
                    Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Didn't you hear? The "garbage" showed itself out.

Comment

I read that part too, I wonder if part of the stead fastnes is due to feelings about Jeff, and what he origionally created? But the bye product is a mess.
                        Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

I have no intention of leaving the philaphans board, and in fact I think the ship will right itself fairly well once the season starts and there's actual football to talk about.

Comment

No offense IMK, but IMO the problems were much more serious than that and had nothing to do with any off-season or not having football to talk about....we had always done fine in other off-seasons.

No, as others have said, IMO this was about respect and committment....that broke down in many different areas and the community suffered....many good people like the ones who are on here would not leave a place they had spent years of time, effort, support and fun in for just minor reasons....and threads like the one on the Eagles and Flyer's Eagle boards are not allowed and actually encouraged by accident...

Think about it....there was a thread dedicated to bashing a single individual who is NOT there to defend themselves....and the owner not only joins in, but joins in MULTIPLE times to get their shots in too....that was not the first time that happened as we all saw on the Eagles board today as well....those type of attacks went on for months and eventually the standards of the place become a joke, the respect is gone, the service rendered ignored, the support given freely scoffed at and the committment removed...

Once that happens, one has no choice but to leave since there is no reason to stay...

-Andy Reid

Comment

No one can be blamed for leaving, least of all you, VFK. After all, if the board isn't enjoyable, it'd be foolish to stay. I just think that by the time the season starts, things will have settled down and the board will start to repair itself. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by IMK
                                No one can be blamed for leaving, least of all you, VFK. After all, if the board isn't enjoyable, it'd be foolish to stay. I just think that by the time the season starts, things will have settled down and the board will start to repair itself. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll see.
                                I agree. When football season starts things should get better there. The reason I started posting on PhilaPhans was the number of posters that knew and talked about football. Most other boards seem to have way too many 14 year olds ( or 14 year old wannabe's). The posters there and fortunately here are smart and thoughful and generally have something to say. That said, I glad this board is here, becasue I couldn't stand wasting my time on the junk that was being spewed the last month or two.

Comment

Working...
                                X