Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Eagles fans really beat up that Redskins dude?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan In Exile
    I thought that they lit that guy on fire (the Redskins dude). Or did that happen to that 'unofficial' Cowboys mascot guy?
    No, that was after they raped Clinton Portis's mom with snowballs and Duracells

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf
      Anyone have a link for this?
      Here you go:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national ... -6238r.htm

This is the first time Mr. Williams has been injured since a game at Philadelphia in 1983, when angry Eagles fans attacked him, breaking his leg, tearing off his original Indian costume and leaving him hospitalized.

Comment

There was a story a few years ago, 2003 maybe, where an Eagles fan was beaten severely outside of FedEx. I can't find the link now. But he got himself a good whuppin.

I enjoy reading on the Skins MB how terrible we are.

Comment

FWIW

The source for this story insisted that only his South Philly pseudonym, "Joey Mashed Potatos", be used. As Joey tells it:

The "Beating" did, in fact, take place in 1987. Frank Rizzo, again running for mayor and trying to regain popularity with Philadelphians that had grown tired of his arrogant stupidity, devised the whole thing as a publicity stunt to endear himself to Eagle fans.

He set up a large tent in the parking lot, with a big sign stating, WELCOME, REDSKIN FANS. Staffed by 4 former members of the "Goon Squad", from Rizzo's Police Chief days, anyone wearing Redskin garb that was foolish enough to enter the tent was beaten senseless, and then dragged out the back of the tent. There a picture was posed with "The Cisco Kid", suggesting that Rizzo...at the age of 67... had taken care of the 'Skin fan all by himself.

When the "Chief", in full regalia, entered the tent, Rizzo said to his boys, "Take it easy on this guy...I've always had a soft spot for Indians".

The "Chief", failing to grasp the danger, blew the "life saver" Rizzo had thrown him by proclaiming loudly, "Never mind the outfit...I'm a proud black man!"

Rizzo reportedly responded, "Then knee-cap the mother f**ker"!

Who knows what REALLY happened. In any case, Rizzo was not reelected mayor!

Comment

Originally posted by Browser
            Hey Vet Turf, my animation studio created that dancing hippo - Kozo. Glad someone is enjoying him.
            Great work. I wanted something a little different. Can't tell you where I first saw it though. Even harder to find one under the kb limit here.

Comment

Originally posted by pigster
              Originally posted by Vet Turf
              Anyone have a link for this?
              Here you go:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national ... -6238r.htm

This is the first time Mr. Williams has been injured since a game at Philadelphia in 1983, when angry Eagles fans attacked him, breaking his leg, tearing off his original Indian costume and leaving him hospitalized.
              Thanks!

Comment

Thanks pigster. You saved me the time!
                www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

I still think the flare gun incident against the 49ers on MNF was the greatest act of stupidity in the history of the Vet.

Comment

It's ironic that of all the vile, stupid, and mean things that Eagles fans have done over the years, the only one that gets repeated constantly is the booing of a drunken Santa Claus.

So if we hadn't booed Santa, we would be just as wonderful as any other cities fans that beat up others and throw things onto the field?
                    www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

The ACTUAL story with chief whatshisname goes like this...

His headpiece was thrown from the upper level.

He was indeed beat up in the parking lot. According to Eagles fans, he continually taunted the home teams fans until he was assaulted. (not agreeing with the behavior 23 years ago)

The next year, as the legend goes... he was invited back to the Vet by the Eagles, only to have an elderly female fan throw a drink in his face and purportedly exlaimed "You've got a lot of nerve coming up here! We mugged the guy who dressed like that last year!".

It's ironic that fan violence in DC *never* *ever* happens.

Cripes, fans in DC are so pathetic that they get riled up at soccer games at RFK!!! (google is your friend)

Comment

Working...
                      X